6384 Underwater

I have just about finished ordering everything for my build but I want some feedback before I start designing the final mounts and pieces. My motor of choice was the 6384 Flipsky and I was wondering how you guys run yours because I know it’s a pretty popular motor in e foils. I have seen some people cover their stator in some sort of coating and others run theirs completely open. I will only be riding on freshwater reservoirs and lakes so I won’t have to deal with salt water corrosion which may be a factor in deciding how to run it. Anyway, I’m still very much a beginner so I was wondering if I could have some of your thoughts on this.

Thanks, Mac

I used this bearings.
Its Axial and Radial in One.
NX 10x19x18

Only coat the stator thinly with epoxy for cooling.
Fill in the MAGNETIC GAPS with Microballons.
Greetings Frank

4 Likes

very nice thank you

is it plug and play?

Yes, it’s plug and play

Would it resist to sea/salted water with the needles ?

I don’t now…
More grease fill :joy:

Are the microballoons necessary for testing? With the shipping time I might already have my board done and I want to be able to test it out. How long could I go without it being filled.

The Current goes E little Bit bigger.
Better with microballons

Thank you for all the help, just one more question. Since the flipsky motor is sensored and I have a sensor less esc, should I just remove the entire sensor assembly or just let it stay in there

It’s not important :blush:
Greetings frank