Warum ein Getriebe

Super Sache,
bin gerad damit beschäftigt die diversen Komponenten zu bestellen um mir so ein e-Foil zu bauen und habe nun eine frage, warum ein Getriebe und nicht direkt dafür einfach die Lipoide Zellenzahl reduzieren?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Koni

Edit: english version below, summary: If you are unsure if you want a direct drive system or a gearbox, just wait a little until both options have been researched on the forum.

Hallo,

das hat physikalische Gründe. Beim Propeller angfangen, muss dieser vereinfacht schnell drehen wenn er klein sein soll. Bei hoher Drehzahl ist zwar das Drehmoment für die gleiche Antriebsleistung ins Wasser geringer, aber das Risiko für Kavitation am Propeller steigt. Ein größerer Propeller kann bei geringerer Drehzahl und höherer Effizienz die gleiche Antriebsleistung unterbringen. Bei Elektromotoren steigt die Baugrösse bei gleicher Bauform in etwa mit dem verfügbaren Drehmoment. Bei zwei Motoren gleicher Leistung ist der mit der höheren Nenndrehzahl tendenziell kleiner und günstiger. Deshalb macht es teilweise Sinn die Drehzahl eines kleineren Schnellläufers mit einem Getriebe herabzusetzen.
Trotzdem wäre es eventuell für den Eigenbau preiswerter und leichter zu montieren, wenn auf das Getriebe verzichtet wird. Deshalb gibt es hier im Forum einen Thread ‘direct drive outrunner’ der sich genau damit beschäftigt. Das Hauptproblem scheint hier eine effektive Kühlung des Motors zu sein.

Regards,

Flo

English: (this explanation is probably too simple, but it should describe the general problem)

There are two ways to get the amount of thrust/propulsion we need for our efoils. You can use a small propeller with low torque, but it rotates fast to generate the necessary thrust. The other way is a slow, big propeller with high torque to get an equal amount of power transfer to the water. The problem with propellers running too fast is kavitation and generally bad efficiency. A larger propeller needs more torque. With electric motors of the same type size depends on the amount of torque. In other terms if too motors have the same output power, the one with the higher speed is usually smaller and therefore cheaper. This is why it is sometimes better to use a gearbox and a smaller high reving motor.
However it could be cheaper and easier to assemble for diy efoils without the gearbox. That’s why there is a thread on this forum called ‘direct drive outrunner’ where this configuration is explored. The main problem seems to be effective motor cooling.

If you are unsure, just wait a few months until alle configurations have been tested. Then decide which configuration suits you best.

3 Likes

Danke viel mal, das ging ja schnell :wink:

koni

Please try to hold the threads on english, so more people can easily understand the information you share, use Google translate if needed

ich kann aber sehr schlecht English da ich in der schweiz lebe und der Verfasser kommt ja aus Deutschland, sie kennen aber sicher Googel Translation :wink:

Difficult topic. We want to try to keep the forum in English to avoid duplication. I researched this morning after I saw Koni’s post how/if Google translate can help our non-English speaking users. Works once you found the post but the challenge is to directly search the forum in a different language. Koni, I suggest using google translate to translate your question to English and then copy that into search, and use google translate again to translate the results. A bit painful today but I have high hopes that future forum tech will integrate neural machine translation so that everyone just reads and types their own language at all times. Machine learning will solve it all :smile:

1 Like

I added a translation and made the description a little more precise.
I agree with keeping the form in one language. I just did not think about the language during my quick reply.

2 Likes