I cant find the link to exact esc im using anymore but I think this one is just about identical. The heatsink looks different (mine doesnt have a heatsink at all, I had to add a watercooling block).
I think the max power issue is due to the motor itself. Its only rated for 1800W and 8s. I was running it off 12s and only getting just over 2000W. If you think of ohm’s law V=IR, so I = V/R. Since the resistance of the motor windings is fixed and the max voltage from the batteries is limited, this means that the amount of current I can push through the motor is also limited. It seems obvious now and I am pretty disappointed in my engineering skills seeing as that I am just now realizing this.
Prop spinning in air pulls around 80W.
I dont have an RPM measurement or esc temp but I did just get an eagle tree data logger with RPM and remote temp sensor so I will be able to get that data next time I run.
Your custom powerglider motor is on the way. Much thanks for working with alien to get this motor made. I ordered it with the shaft coming out of the motor on the opposite side as the wires so that i dont need to run the wires around the outside of the motor to the front of the pod. I did the same with the 5065. When it arrives, I will post the data and results I find running it in oil. I will probably start out with a smaller prop and hopefully work my way all the way up to the solas prop if it doesnt pull too much current.