Why I wont give out designs

Jezza…

You did the right thing…

Giving out ideas, sharing experience and helping others with some data or even full 3d models or builds is good. Potentially harming small/large investors, fair people who invested a lot of work and money and who are known to help even with a single discount is bad. It’s their good will to help (big respect to some who i wont name on here), they even risk a lot of their investments by just images shown on this forum. Totally agree, some info shouldn’t be let out unless “owner” publishes it. On the other hand, nobody can stop any1 from snooping around and figuring out 2+2. Business baby!

Yep. Y’all better not be freaking out when I start selling info that I accumulated from here.

I’m talking about publishing stuff that will make research easier for diy’ers and/or pioneers in the e-foil business.

2 Likes

@Jezza, yes is correct :you ask for help, get the information from here that you can and then be a selfish and don’t help anybody.

I asked for a mast clamp. I did’t know it was a copy of a commercial product. It is a big project building an e-foil board from scratch. I’m trying to expedite the process. No harm in asking. You can just say no. Sorry I asked. I was under the interpretation that’s why this forum was created. Maybe I will share the things I make. But, maybe after all the work it takes to make them I’ll feel like you, and not want to share either. Only time will tell.

No worries though. No hard feelings.

1 Like

Hey Jezza you can put your drawings where the Sun doesen’t shine. İdiot’s like you don’t belong on this forum. İn a few weeks i will share 3d drawings and all material for the board so everyone can make one for himself. At least GO F…Y…S…!

I think this post what at first was about FL mast clamp , David ( FL rodeo on this forum) is the only one who can decide or not to publish his design…
the way i see a diy forum : it helps people building but you are always free to choose or not to give to community the designs ( for any reason )
I don’t think this is really hard to understand…

I may add , by joining this forum , I think everyone checked the same chart : as not being disrespectfull…

2 Likes

Its funny how people get pissed over stuff with so much info and builds. When forum was in the beginning i dont remember this much rage and there was like merten build and lots of theory only, dd was in its birth and gearheads were a fetish :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I noticed that too. In the beginning here were no haters.

I think posting designs and sharing things is always positive.

I do understand the ethical argument to not share a commercial product. But, is a mast clamp that was reverse engineered and modified to fit a different motor sharing someone’s design? Not in my opinion. People reverse engineer things all the time. Now, a straight copy, then sold commercially…that’s a different thing.

The comments about people on this forum looking to get parts or information to build a commercial product to sell, I don’t see anything wrong with that. The more options we have, the better it will be. Competition pushes innovation. More companies means more parts and at a cheaper price.

If the lift board was $5,000 instead of $12,000 I probably would have just bought one. Hahahaha.

Let’s not make this a hate on Jezza thread. We need to keep the sharing alive. More of us need to learn fusion 360. Then we won’t be stuck begging for CAD files…

2 Likes

Believe me, I am really not phased by a handful of people getting upset because I won’t share or draw up someone else’s product for them free of charge. Especially when some of them are commercial entities.
If you look at where the ‘likes’ are on this thread you can clearly see that most understand where I am coming from…

Hi Tyler, I’m looking for a designer to help us design a hydrofoil surfboard. Are you interested? rewarding. Thank you