What’s your top speed?

Hey all just wondering what kind of speeds are you guys getting up to?

What voltage to do so?

Peak amp draw?

Is a board with a 50km speed doable ?

Thanks

Welcome @Nathan1981! Yes, 50kph is totally doable in my opinion. Kite race foilers are reaching that speed so efoils can too. You need a high aspect fast foil with the appropriate motor/prop setup of course. And it will hurt when you fall :slight_smile: My fastest was 35kph on a pretty low aspect ratio foil and that already feels scary fast. I think the sweet fun spot is around 20-25kph.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply.

Yes any speed on water feels a lot faster.

I single ski at around 32mph which is around 50km and yes it can be a little uncomfortable when you fall.

But wouldn’t it be awesome to have that power there if you wanted it?

So most DIY efoils are in the 20-30km range would you say?

1 Like

I assume there is enough power for that speed in most builds here. I have never ridden mine full throttle so far. I think @Flying_Rodeo said that he is hitting the 50kph with his build. Maybe we should make a poll to find out what everyone’s speed is. But I have also tested efoils with huge wings as slow as 10kph. That can be fun too, especially in the marina or tight waterways. And you can do really small tight circles.

this is my RACE model for hitting top speed, but i don’t recommend this speed for BEGINNER and INTERMEDIATE rider.

20 - 35 km/h its the best speed for freeride. Everything about this speed it’s only recommended for RACING.

and PROP with HIGH PITCH

Brez%20naslova

3 Likes

I really wish more people would post cause this is a really interesting point on this subject.

1 Like

We are doing 31km/h with the takuma foil(china style), and about 35km/h with a china style windsurfboard.

I’m getting up to 30KMH with my chinese takuma clone. Feels fast but I would like more speed, I think 40KMH would be awesome.

Lift Foils efoil has supposedly hit 31.8mph (~51.2kph) during some ‘high performance prop’ testing recently

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnKSJrOggUg/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

Max speed was 31kph mostly foiling around 25kph.

Can you reccomend a prop for my built? I am using https://alienpowersystem.com/shop/brushless-motors/aps-70110-outrunner-brushless-motor-100kv-3200w/

I hit 41 kph on mine. SSS360, neugart 5:1, 12s, 145 x 305 pitch prop. And im 95kg!

30 kph is fast enough and anything above that uses your batteries a lot faster.

1 Like

That’s quick. Well done . Is that an android phone app you’re using?

Yep, Android. Its pretty good for a free app. Its called Geo Tracker. geo-tracker.org

1 Like

7 Likes

Hi !
can you please explain to me how you did the geolocalisation traking and which application did you use to display data ?

80 % speed does it mean you were at 80% throtle when you reached 48.7 km/h ?
48.7 km/h is it still with your Comet or W637/S420 combo from Moses ?
Is the original Moses 101/111cm mast hollow or did you use your own mast to welcome 3 x 8AWG wires + water pipe ?
With a kite, the max speed of the W637/S420 wing set is given at 42mph = 67km/h so it is still possible to improve the efoil max speed with it :upside_down_face:

Here are the Tech Specs given by the Moses site:
FR%20SPEEDY

Hi I have a Garmin edge 500 I use for cycling has gps tracking. Threw it in a plastic bag and stuffed it in my wetsuit. High tech:-)

Finally, today I measured some speed with gps (app on smartphone): 26kt steady at full throttle, 20 kt cruising around.
I’m light weight (63kg), flat sea, 2x20A 6s Multistar Lipo today, 360Kv SSS with Neugart 4:1 Chinese cheap 200A esc, 240mm pitch prop, my design. Max current 65A approximately. 40-45A cruising.
Moses Vorace HF, 590freerace wing and 330stab

1 Like

This is the all aluminium pod and carbon wing