Welcome to FOIL.zone

Welcome to FOIL.zone, the global community for foiling enthusiasts around everything that uses hydrofoils to fly above the water. This is the place to share & discover information around surf-, sup-, wing-, kite-, sailing-, windsurf-, wake-, downwind-, electric-,…. FOILS.

We started this community in 2017 focused on the design and building of electric hydrofoils, known as the EFOIL.builders community. It has quickly grown to the world’s largest knowledgebase around everything related to the science of building and riding efoils. We now have thousands of enthusiastic engineers, builders and riders helping each other out and sharing information on designs, best practices and safety.

Many of us are also passionate about other forms of foiling and it is time to expand our community and bring in all of our foiling friends together. That’s why we created FOIL.zone. EFOIL.builders will remain a key part of FOIL.zone as we grow the foiling community and discussions in all other areas of foiling.

If you are interested in foiling, you are at home! FOIL.zone is the place to discuss all things foil, to share ideas, exchange technical information, to learn tips & tricks, and to share the stoke and have fun!

12 Likes

Thanks for all the effort man, followed your every step since summer.
Your a true pioneer and great inspiration!

Cheers JWB

Hi all, in case you haven’t seen it, here is some more info about why we decided to transition efoil.builders to a global foil forum. All driven by our passion for foiling :grinning:

4 Likes

This color marking make me feel nausea, like I have some vision anomalies - double vision, color correction etc :grinning:

(small flags from left side of forum name section)

Links to another topics doesn’t work, you redirected to main site.

For example

1. go to topic Database for mast & plate - #70 by SoEFoil
  2. click on link to another topic, for example “Adapter for Gong” link
  3. you will be redirected to EFOIL.builders - FOIL.zone

Interesting, the “Mast/Fuselage” link redirects as you say but the link below “Adapter for Gong…” works. I’ll flag this to the admins. Thanks! This will all get sorted asap.

How about this? Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for reporting that! We will looking that. ^ @tylerclark

as for me it’s slightly better

I see that link looks broken but I can’t explain why. With all the crazy DNS changes and URL rewrites I’m just happy we’ve got this much working! ha. I’m sure we can find the proper link for that link but if you are seeing tons of examples than maybe we need to see what is going on. Truth is, we didn’t modify the existing posts so they should all link like normal linking to efoil.builders but then that should forward to foil.zone… weird.

Pacificmeister, thank you very much for pioneering this knowledge base. The Foil.Zone makes everything easier for the people who wants to build it´s own project, even more for the people (like me) that lives in a poor countrry.
Best.
Eliran.

2 Likes

The link to another topic has never worked for me, eg:

redirects to 'https://foil.zone/
instead of 'Power plug EF8 for efoil battery - #6 by svtlakovas
If I want a link to be shared properly, I need to write a single ’ before the topic.

1 Like