Waydoo Kickstarter gathered $268K. Is $4K commercial eFoil realistic?

There 2 kinds of of people. Those that have the skills and can build and do their own. And then those that should never pick up any power tool and should just buy a plug and play. The ready made products like lift and fliteboard cater to them. I actually feel like this foil offering may cater to those that can build their own (because they going to have to do their own support) but don’t have the time.

Because actually 3rd kind of people - who haven’t time and skill but have big desire and 50% of funds (let’s imagine 2500$), and that third kind of people have question “Mine for 2500$ or Chinese for 5500$ (shipping+taxes) without guaranties to be shipped”

:slight_smile:

I’m willing to have efoil since 2017-2018 when I saw videos on Youtube, I don’t remember maybe prototypes of Litf or some another well known company. I have seen this forum before but desired to register when 3 weeks ago I saw a news that efoil already possible to buy less than 7000$.
I’m sure that there are a lot of some “dormant efoilers”

I have sent a message to DJI custom support more than 10 days ago asking if Waydoo have any relationship to DJI, but they have no answered.
There is no any evidence from DJI that Waydoo sponsored/funded by DJI or something else.
Nothing information about DJI except Waydoo promo and copy paste from their words.
Also I don’t feel any assurance when contacting with Waydoo. And there is no any real prototype you able to see right now in any resale they recommended or resale promoting them. All resale will have this board not earlier than October.

So as for me I’ll better spent some time in good conversation on this forum and then buy it for ~5000$ after Kickstarter if I’m not able to build my own.

Someone said this is a Waydoo wing, no explanation of what happened.

This is corrosion in the middle? I don’t understand from which material infill were made

PS they finished company but promote another site with some quantity or remaining(?) boards

Yeah I don’t know what that is but I thought their wing was supposed to be “full carbon”.

They’re continuing to sell through CrowdOx which is similar to Kickstarter: No rights for the consumer if anything goes wrong or the product is never delivered, $4,000 down the drain!

I’m sure you could salvage it for parts.

In fact it is 20% more than the KS prices : 4900 and 4960usd

That’s the aluminium fuslage/motor housing.

For all we know the guy drove it into the bottom.

Will be interesting if we see more of this from Waydoo,

Hi.

I hit the bottom all the time. 15 mph, foil right into rocks. Nothing more then a scratch on the slingshot wing. My setup is bullet proof.

That Waydoo design is terrible.

:call_me_hand:

1 Like

about design, I wanna ask few days already why most builds on forum with motor mounted on mast? - because it simple for DIY?

Waydoo connect motor on the bottom of mast.

Hi.

I think they just copied Fliteboard.

But, it’s a very fragile design. Both the front and the rear wing will easily snap off if bumped into anything.

Plus, no way to easily swap out wings? Or shim the rear wing? I have 3 different front wings I use for different types of situations. Big wing for surfing, medium wing for cruising and exploring, and small wing for high speed!

My rear wing is easy to shim, to match the front wing, and tune the feel of the board.

I’m not impressed with Waydoo. You get what you pay for! I suggest just building your own! When this board breaks you won’t even be able to easily use any of the parts because of how the mast and battery are attached. It will just be a pile of useless parts.

I’m asking because I’m willing to buy for first build aluminum mast and I think it will be very easy connect it to aluminium pipe using the similar mechanism as plate connected to board

Something like this, and motor could be inside this pipe

It’s a bad design to have to motor at the very bottom of the mast because the motor and prop will get damaged hitting the bottom.

Ok, I see now your point. Sure, if motor not covered by wing or ducts the usual here design is better

I figured out where this break is:

Terrible design! So many are going to break like that!
It looks like it is some form of moulded composite. Definitely doesn’t look like aluminium.

It was reposted by someone on the Facebook efoil page, when I asked where it was from they just said some Waydoo owner thread so I don’t know the original source.

I thought the wing had snapped where it screws into the fuselage, figured it might’ve been designed that way intentionally to save the fuselage and mast from damage. If the fuselage itself broke that’s a lot worse…

Either way the interior material looks more like drywall than carbon or aluminum :rofl:

Yeah its the fuselage itself that snapped. The two side by side screws were what threw me off initially but then I looked at a review video and saw them further up the fuselage. Terrible design!

Is it really broken ? , straight edge , no holes for the screws , flush to wing …

Clearly you did not look at the picture I posted…

This is not a nice Design :see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

1 Like