Waydoo Flyer mentioned on electrek.co

Quote: "The Shenzhen-based technology company Waydoo will unveil a prototype of its upcoming electric hydrofoil board known as the Waydoo Flyer next week at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, NV.

The electric hydrofoil board is designed to allow surfing even without any waves and removes one of the major obstacles to learning the sport of surfing."

Looks like E-Foil is going mainstream. Electrek.co surely has got many followers…

What kind of build is this? Does anyone know?

http://www.waydoo.io/html/specs.html
6000w motor… Board seems to be on the 200+ liters… 4400 Euros…Delivered or is that plus customs tax plus shipping…

Is the rear wing really that big, or am I missing something?

The rear wing does look kind of large in other photos. I think the camera angle is making it look even bigger.

I noticed the mast, where it meets the motor pod is kind of square with what looks like 4 bolts. 2 above the motor pod, and 2 under the motor pod. I am wondering if the motor is actually built in to the mast section, or maybe the ESC is in the mast section of the motor pod. Anyone got a guess?

I purchased their demo board at CES last week.

It is structurally identical to the Lift (all carbon fiber), but they plan in placing the ESC in front of the motor for direct water cooling.

I will visit their factory in Shenzhen right after Chinese New Year.

Benny

Any questions do not hesitate to contact with Elle.
elle.lin@waydoo.io
Skype/Wahatsapp: +86 13724266101