Waterproof Remote Control for 40$

Mine has stopped working went well for around 2hrs use sometimes submerged. Fault seemed to be around battery connections.

This is what the non water proof version looks like inside. I have had 2 of these. Both eventually started not turning on. The on/off switch starts to become intermittent. Then eventually even with wiggling it and jiggling it, it wont turn on.

I also found that the travel of the speed switch was so small, if was very difficult to not go from nothing to full blast. Hard to control speed accurately.

video showing remote getting a good dunking when foil ran into a sandbar at 30kmh

2 Likes

Waterproof is not the term I would use…

2 Likes

It is not waterproof at all. Mine burnt. !!!

I just filled mine with two part pouring silicone.

You have to take the power switch out and put in a blank where the switch will move, and then trim where the throttle will move.
Only thing to maintain now is the spring with a bit of corrosion x.

Has the silicone affected the signal at all?

The permittivity of silicone is about the same as the abs case around it. Dk of silicone is 3.2 vs 2.8 for abs. The silicone is pretty thin over the top of the transmitter. Plus the transmitter wire comes out of the silicone anyway.

I haven’t noticed any effect on performance. It certainly is a much nicer remote to use than the last winning remote I had.

what is the brand of that silicone?

Smooth on Mold Star 30. Its the same stuff I mould all my seals from. Great stuff!

2 Likes

Same issue here :frowning: Battery cable came off.
Were you able to repair it?

My battery cable came off also. I resoldered it and put some epoxy on the battery and cable connections. I used it for weeks after that and then I lost it in de river. With my new remote I did the epoxy again and use it without problems.

1 Like

I cleaned and soldered. Coated with Plastik70, conformal coating.
Are you able to bind a new transmitter to an existing receiver?

I was wondering that too. Not sure if that is possible, I will look into it.

I have just received the remote control and opened it to see the inside and possibly improve the sealing …
But this is how the inside of the remote control is before any modification from my part:

hello mine is come with a little bit off silicon conformal coating but not with all this paste …i think th quality control is better than the v1 …off course i do epoxy bath on my remote pcb…so i think it 's water proof now😀

1 Like

Where did you buy this new potted version?

Here :
https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/33005797792.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.61d66c37WyScU0

Any throttle glitches on that one?

I had at least two very narrow locations in the signal. Somewhere 1080 would jump to 1200. Somewhere arrive 1800 would jump to 2100.

Do you think this moldstar could be used to make molds wings? I’m imagining taking a existing wing, making a mold from it with this stuff and then pouring in epoxy with fibreglass/carbon fibre off cuts to make the wings etc.?