Water Cooling Motor 9097 150KV for Efoil on line

My point is, when you design a motor for efoil that should be used as a direct drive, then why there is no thrust bearing? It could easily be done. You can take a double row angular bearing like the 3001 zz (for a 12mm shaft) and design your motor based on this bearing size. Ofcourse these bearings are more expensive but it adds a lot of value to this motor. I see a lot of these unecesery design flaws in chinese products.

1 Like

Wouldnt even need to be a double row. A single row angular contact at the back would do it.
I think we assume the people making these motors are mechanical engineers. I suspect they are not mechanical engineers at all. Maybe electrical engineers design the motors. Who knows.
On the plus side, I think they have put out a decent product. I have designed my hub to hold a ceramic thrust bearing and an extra lip seal. Two lip seals with silicone grease between, cant go wrong.

Thanks all for your feedbacks and sugguestions about the bearings, i will feedback these info to our engineers. Thank you again for your valuable comments.