Volker's second build (shorty)

Sure, get your 2d read time, and then…

Usually i dont phone Strangers

4 Likes

hehe , I also want to build. havent read all off topics, maybe there are additional info that is missing for me.

Starting with such a small board is even possible with 110A motorcurrent with the 63100, but it is a pain in the ass :smiley: Jul 2, 2020 - metr.at | 6CSRv and takes very long to get speed

Starting with 120A is no problem.
Sick of the Flipsky crap, i will change my Vesc to a real Vesc6 MK4.

1 Like

What do you blame the Flipsky FSESC200 for ?
Vesc6 MK4 looks optimised for your setup 60V spike, 80A continuous and 120A burst.

Well, i blame flipsky for poor quality and bad customer support. So many people having trouble with 65150 and Vesc (without lid, shiped broken, leaking lid and so on). If they work, they are ok, but…

I really like the pros of a vesc in my board and also,
I am also ashamed of using a crappy china-clone, instead of supporting Vedder and @Trampa for his genius work and effort he puts in development.
Further i hope, original Vesc performs even better.
My gut feeling tells me that a motor with original vesc runs quieter than with a china copy. Maybe even more efficient. I will see.

3 Likes

Could this be possible? Because my 65151 motor runs silent compared to other 65151 users. I’m using the MK4 Vesc the others the Flipsky Vesc.

Maybe you’re the only one using a genuine FOC mode on a sensorless 65151 ?

A back to back comparison of a VESC6 MK4 with a Flipsky FSESC200A on the same drive train, I’m looking forward to seeing that :star_struck:

With Vesc six, the motor runs quieter, and seems like even more efficiant. The Logs are much “cleaner”.
Due to bad cooling, and 77°C temp cutoff, 120A cant be delivered forever.
Over all, i am happy with my choice.
Seems like 100A is the limit at the moment with a bad cooling.

1 Like

Gota improve the watercooling, this one was made of junk from my shop.
Quick and dirty :crazy_face:
And no thermal coupling grease :dizzy_face:
At least, i am happy, Vesc didnt Drop any faults

1 Like

Nice trip on Donau

Cooling is not made for 120A continous, but performs well enough

3 Likes

Amazing build!I want to use the same motor but i am not sure about waterproofing it.How did you make it waterproof?Are you having any issues?Can you link me to a thread that shows how to waterproof it or tell me how you did it?Sorry for all these questions but i’m trying to figure things out!

I did same as with my 80100

1 Like

Can you share the 63100 SS bearings to bought ?
Also, which epoxy did you use to waterproof your motor ?

Bearings
Epoxy

2 Likes

I use these

2 Stück Kugellager 10 x 19 x 5 mm der Miniatur 6800 Keramik weiß Kugellager ZrO2 https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07QC6T3WK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_TLalFbBTH2NW7

Until now works good

2 Likes

Thanks guys !

I bought this 63100 :

On his way to me. I’ll make a quick and dirty build too running on 14S with the 130kV version.

To anyone wondering if the back bell has holes like on the picture, I can confirm it has. Here is a picture of it. The rotor is balanced as well.

1 Like

10s is amazing- what prop version do you recommend?

at the moment I still drive 12s. but 10s would be just fine. the 156 works wonderfully with the 63100 and RL foil

1 Like

…and your particular weight :sweat_smile:

Damn those skinny guys😉