Volker's second build (shorty)

Maybe you’re the only one using a genuine FOC mode on a sensorless 65151 ?

A back to back comparison of a VESC6 MK4 with a Flipsky FSESC200A on the same drive train, I’m looking forward to seeing that :star_struck:

With Vesc six, the motor runs quieter, and seems like even more efficiant. The Logs are much “cleaner”.
Due to bad cooling, and 77°C temp cutoff, 120A cant be delivered forever.
Over all, i am happy with my choice.
Seems like 100A is the limit at the moment with a bad cooling.

1 Like

Gota improve the watercooling, this one was made of junk from my shop.
Quick and dirty :crazy_face:
And no thermal coupling grease :dizzy_face:
At least, i am happy, Vesc didnt Drop any faults

1 Like

Nice trip on Donau

Cooling is not made for 120A continous, but performs well enough

3 Likes

Amazing build!I want to use the same motor but i am not sure about waterproofing it.How did you make it waterproof?Are you having any issues?Can you link me to a thread that shows how to waterproof it or tell me how you did it?Sorry for all these questions but i’m trying to figure things out!

I did same as with my 80100

1 Like

Can you share the 63100 SS bearings to bought ?
Also, which epoxy did you use to waterproof your motor ?

Bearings
Epoxy

2 Likes

I use these

2 Stück Kugellager 10 x 19 x 5 mm der Miniatur 6800 Keramik weiß Kugellager ZrO2 https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07QC6T3WK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_TLalFbBTH2NW7

Until now works good

2 Likes

Thanks guys !

I bought this 63100 :

On his way to me. I’ll make a quick and dirty build too running on 14S with the 130kV version.

To anyone wondering if the back bell has holes like on the picture, I can confirm it has. Here is a picture of it. The rotor is balanced as well.

1 Like

10s is amazing- what prop version do you recommend?

at the moment I still drive 12s. but 10s would be just fine. the 156 works wonderfully with the 63100 and RL foil

1 Like

…and your particular weight :sweat_smile:

Damn those skinny guys😉

for those with the “new” 63100

I have in mind a cheap 8s max 150/200peak controller. Do you think that this ESC will work with this setup: 63100 outrunner / 80kg rider / Gong Curve L font wing ?

Sorry, i dont know. Test it :+1:
I guess it would Work.

I modified you prop slightly for a different 63 outrunner.
It the 63100 from Freerchobby. I just need to drill and tap holes in the back of the can.
It printed beautifully, without support or anything. I used PETG. Can’t wait to test it out

1 Like

I hope it will work well :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

I’m also thinking about buying one, a friend of mine building electric skateboards and doesn’t like their size, so I can get these quite cheap.

Is it 140KV?
How are you going about drilling it?
Print a drilling jig?