Volker’s Build - 80100 18650-30Q

Ok, it truely seems to be 150mm

1 Like

Hey guys I’ve been following the propeller discussion here (and elsewhere on .builders) with interest. I’m running a similar 2 blade (the older) version and like @V_S the results are good.

My only issue, like others, is throwing blades. The plastic 3d prints do not last very long!

So just to put the idea out there would any 80100 owners be interested in a bulk purchase of a Aluminium / 316 steel DMLS / SLM propeller. Produced from a tested / refined 3d print model?
Each investor would probably need to finish / polish but could be a nice solution?

Running a single one off is too expensive, but bulk pricing for even just 2 or 5 is a bit more interesting.
Any thoughts, has anybody got any knowledge of metal 3D prints?

Alu

SS (316)

I am still optimizing.
When i am done, i think this is the way to go.

I did some calculations. 6"Pitch isnt enough. Calculated max speed would be 27kph.
Even if it efficiant, i need to raise Pitch.

It seems, many people are using and trying my props.
I optimized the prop for higher topspeed, 150mm Dia / 180mm Pitch
should be ok for 32kmh on 80kV 80100. I’ll test them next week. Metr logs will follow

6 Likes

VS 150 1.2 3 Blade
Ok, i could say:
I can foil with 1024W at 18kmph

Or you can look yourself at the log. The truth seems to be a bit somewhere else

I am satisfied with this one. It has lots of thrust and easy to ride.

3 Likes

Was that 2 or 3 Blade?

Just saw it. 3

VS 150 1.2 2 Blade
Seems to consume less, but less punch and not so easy to ride like the 3 Blade. Feels a bit “soft”

Very nice ! Prop slip seems to be around 10-15% if I am right, even less at high speed (?)

Here is another longer ride on the 3 Blade

Next test : motor in the water no prop at 18000 erpm :smile::+1:

Post #117
scroll 17days back. It is 3-4A

I did but it is in the air, no ?

Ooops, sorry :slight_smile:
Post #23 (no metr)

1 Like

Are we still talking about a c80100 motor?

Yes. All logs from 80100

Hi, new here but already started to get parts for the project…Then i realized this forum is huge and i did not have all the info. I already have a 400A22S Flier esc and a 380KV 56114sss. Than i figured that a direct drive would be a better choice so i am considering the 80100 with the 400A flier or the 200A flipsky Vesc. @V_S Is the Flipsky a much better choice over the Flier (Banggood180eur vs Flier 350) ? I would like to replicate your build, i like it a lot !

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com.au%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F192912758552
Having already a good motor and feasible ESC, why you don’t get something like this cheap but very good Nema 23 gearbox instead? It needs a little adapting, lathe down the flange and reduce the diameter less than a millimeter to match the motor.
Not all the gearboxes are the same, this is ok, my buddy had almost 30 hours on this, with a TP power motor, stronger than the SSS, I got it and will go on my next build in place of the Neugart. Outrunners are ok but you’re almost there with inrunner geared solution which is the definitive one…

@MaB Lol, It is underway already, planning to beef it up with bearings. Bought it from banggood so no taxes and no customs hassle which i had with the flier…But still outrunner in direct drive is much more simpler. Will test both anyhow.

No.
Flier ESC is a easy Setup, Rocksolid and easy to use.
The Flipsky needs to be setup correct and cant handle so much power continous like a Flier.
But it deliveres Data

1 Like