Videos of electric hydrofoils around the world

I picked out a spot right next to my house and when I went there one day by skateboard there were Manatees everywhere! I’d really hate to run into one of them and vice versa!

3 Likes

It sucks to hit stuff but it depends where you are riding, in the river it’s much more likely especially if the water isn’t clear and you can’t see far beneath. The wings are solid though, my $550 aliexpress foil has hit some solid logs in the river, once hard enough to snap the mount that holds the mast to the board, could still ride home though just planing on the board!

It’s always safe in a man made lake or cleared river, it is not the end of the world if you strike the bottom.

I broke one carbon mast when i hit something on the lake, by chance electric wiring hold on the foil :)…

1 Like

May be hurt a BIG fish !

Manatee, log, big fish, it is time for a hinged plate… hinge on the trailing edge side (opening backward) and maintained in position at the front using a motorhome or caravan door retainer principle.

Hinged_plate_efoil

1 Like

Could be good for impact relief on the components but there would be a heap of new issues with a mechanism like this to do with the phase wires stretching or water being let into the board when the mast disconnects from the seal etc. Normally when you hit stuff nothing is damaged and you can just keep riding.

Like ski shoes, the trick is in the opening force threshold.
The hinge prevents the wires from being pulled out. Until the opening, the wires are folded up in a pocket inside the board and unfold when the mast tilts.
Phase wires will stretch without the hinge and won’t stretch with the hinge - they just deploy.
Because the opening radius is just 16.5cm, it is like opening a A4 sheet that has been folded once on the longest side. No wires can be pulled out, no water ingress can be reported because the wires stay loose even during the shock :flushed:

1 Like

Just trying maytech remote about a month. The remote is really smoth and linear. Still health so far.

3 Likes

Very nice ride.
Could you share your setup?

Says video was removed?

Sorry I accidentally uploaded a duplicate from imovie cause it crashed earlier. I updated the link to the correct one.

Riding with my dog:

8 Likes
3 Likes

Awesome ! Could you explain your actual setup?

1 Like

Heard about an Audi Efoil?

1 Like

Yeah. Money no object on that build!

What price have they put it down for?

No information so far. In the article they say they were planning a small mass production.

https://audi-encounter.com/de/audi-e-foil

Not powerfull enough … ( it is a shame)

I got in touch with the guy on LinkedIn but have no response yet - I’ll let ye know if he says anything