Videos of electric hydrofoils around the world

@guldsteen Here’s a few pics:

This was my older board so a few things have changed, such as the thickness of the epoxy as the coils got too hot, the electronics box has a battery % display and a few other minor adjustments.

Sorry for the late reply.

3 Likes

Didn’t one member here fry his motor by sealing it all in with epoxy? He even tried to use like 50% copper dust film for better thermals but found it to be tens of times less inefficient than just plain water cooling (that 1-2 liters per minute)?

No problem with the cooling :slight_smile:

Slow improvement with practice.
Project X aka Flying Nemo aka XFoil
And my wife calls it “The Mistress”

7 Likes

First run. 12s (42,5ah) Seaking 130A, 500kv, Neugart 5:1. Gong 65cm medium foil.
“Flat nose” board 135x70cm.

Very easy ride. Cruising at 35 amps.

10 Likes

35 amps :star_struck:

Hi everyone! I’m on my way home after a magical two day boat show with only electric and hybrid boats. It was hosted by the Swedish maritime museum in Stockholm and its been covered by national media in Sweden.

I brought both my foils v1and v2 and my hybrid boat. I did demo runs both days and it was a success.

I also had the chance to meet with true pioneers Candela Speed boats and we did a all electric foiling run together. Pure magic :slight_smile:

More pictures and videos to come.

14 Likes

This candela thingy is super amazing. Saw their progress few years back and was amazed on how mobile and stable their mechanisms are!

last part is with new e-foil without mast:p, from Venice.

2 Likes
2 Likes

You guys did it first :slight_smile:

Its us in Venice as well :wink:

What? You got contracted by Disney to ride your foil as part of the trailer???

It is a nice summer job, 2000€ per day. All costs and return flight in business class included.:crazy_face:
The internets’ ways (Buzz) are impenetrable.:roll_eyes:
What did the police say ? Don Montague in the Netherlands was caught like a criminal…

My guess is that they were the ‘stuntmen’ that rode the foil for the movie.

Yep something like that :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I love it!!! Hope you had a great time.

Some winter riding with a Tinny!

12 Likes

Have you ever got caught by an underwater plant or debris? I am worried that mine(not built, only considering building it) will get caught by a seaweed or something. And at high speed… Ouch!

A jelly fish got me good once, the problem is getting back on the foil when you know it’s wrapped around the mast… and I also got caught by mud… and rocks … my wing didn’t really enjoyed it :slight_smile:

1 Like