VESC Tool - "R is 0" Error

Here is what they wrote to me. Anything about 57V and it’s problematic:

Well someone has to test I guess even if I depend on wire gauge length …
Not a big deal to charge 14s to 4.0v /cell or buy another vesc on Bangood :crazy_face: or maybe the swim back to shore or the fire in the box …

1 Like

Oh Tyler if I had that from you 2 days ago I’d still have hair left :wink:

Thanks guys, and yes @Alexandre, if it fries it fries.

@Flightjunkie yes I’ve been in touch with Flipsky the past few days and when purchased - its a wait and see scenario with them and they are aware

@Bevo thanks for showing yours, Ill take a look at mine in the morning and see how it compares

@MAC sorry, im only learning myself, ill get back to you in the morning on it

Hmmm, good point. I’m running 8ga wires but 2 sets of plugs (one set at the motor, one at the esc). Maybe I’ve got a bad solder joint at the motor? It came with the coated winding leads. I really struggle to get those prepped well enough to solder

This is what mine looks like. I have no idea what it means. But I,m learning. This is a 65161 120KV .

It can be that maybe , I used a knife and sand paper to get to cooper on each single wires , took some time …

For FR , 4070 , 56106 i got 20-30mohm , the 65162 get those value as well

So why this motor have 3x IR ?

Maybe check solder and maybe plug motor directly to the vesc ( without the cable in the mast ) to check

I also did this in the kitchen like the guy on the video. It actually got the enamel off my motor wires

The carefree thing to do (if not too late) would be to supply the ESC with a 13s battery. :wink:
13 x 4.2 = 54.6v or 13 x 4 = 52v both < 57V