VESC and multiple UART devices?

When you do get around to updating the FW and testing it out again, let me know if any issues still persist. I will always try my best to fix bugs in the FW :slight_smile:

@superlefax, using UART for throttle has no advantages over PPM, AFAIK, only disadvantages. The biggest disadvantage is that it is easy for the UART communication to get corrupted so PWM (PPM) is more reliable.

1 Like

Which waterproof remote do you use that works in PPM ?
Iā€™m facing the exact same issue: I want to reccord everything with Metr.at, but my last ppm remote died this weekend so I only have flipskyā€™s remote leftā€¦
Any PPM remote that is easily waterproofed is warmly welcome !

I tested connecting an old Vesc 4.12 to my master Vesc: works like a charm !
Throttle connected to master, metr.at connected to slave,full data so far. Will see this week if the signal get corrupted !

1 Like

I just received the Usplit modul from @Ricco
Itā€™s working absolutely flawlessly with my Metr module and the Maytech remote. Plug nā€™ Play!

Is it still save to update the FW of VESC with connected usplit device? Iā€™m afraid that maybe some packages could be lost.

Anyway, well done @Ricco!

1 Like

Great news !
How much does it costs ? How can we buy it ?

1 Like

Send @Ricco a PM . Peace yo

1 Like

@Ricco like to get my hands on a uart splitter to run the maytech remote and bluetooth logging.
Sorry canā€™t figure out how to PM!

I have a few in stock and my website is processing orders now so you can just head over here to purchase one: Shop ā€“ Solid Circuits

1 Like

Did you ever get an answer to this regarding splitting the UART signal for both metr and maytech remote and if it is safe to write updates to the VESC via phone -> metr -> VESC when they are all connected and turned on?

It works for me for the first few minutes but then the remote doesnt get the data anymore.

Itā€™s definatly not safe.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that. Is this when trying to control the throttle through UART, or does this happen even when using the PPM (PWM) output to control the throttle?

@foilmore, this is right, currently it is still not safe to update the VESCā€™s FW through the uSplit. I hope to get this working reliably with a FW update but do not have an estimate of when that will be.

You should try out the FW I just released. It has alot of improvements that may solve the issue you are running into.

VESC Firmware?
ā€¦

uSplit FW. @superlefax purchased one from me to connected a Metr Pro and Maytech remote to his ESC. It sounds like things were working well at first but things started to fail as the devices continued to mature.

1 Like

I bought also one from you but DHL send it back :rofl:

But I have without the Splitter problems with my 75/300, PPM Remote and metr PRO.
When I press gas, I lost always the connection to the Dongle.
When I set the serial Speed to 9600 Baud, it is little bit more stable

Is there a chance that your recent firmware update could solve this issue?

Edit: Okay, updated the fw to 0.1. Letā€™s see how it goes.

Oh lol I didnt know that was you. On the bright side, since DHL sent it back, I got to update it with the latest FW before sending it back out :slight_smile:

Your issues with the VESC 75/300, PPM Remote, and Metr Pro sound like they are caused by an unstable power supply. It is possible that the 3v3 and 5v generated by the VESC is noisy, but in my experience it is more likely to be the PPM remote receiver or some other device connected to battery causing the noise. Either way, since the Metr is powered off 3v3, you could try adding some capacitance to 3v3 to smooth it out.

@superlefax, I believe it is very possible the new FW will fix your issue. With the new FW I have run a Metr Pro, DAVEga X, and VX2 Pro for hours. The old FW couldnā€™t handle that for more than a few seconds before freezing up.

2 Likes

Hi Ricco
I just ordered one
I want to connect on my VESC flipsky the maytech remote V2 and the flipsky BT module.
The purpose is just for configure the vesc by the bt modul with the maytech V2 connected.
I cross my fingers to make it work,
because after I will encapsulate all the electronics

1 Like

Thanks for the purchase! I hope it works well for you. As always, if it doesnā€™t, send me an email describing the issue and I will try my best to fix any bug in the FW.

Hi @Ricco , I updated the module to the latest fw but still the maytech remote data from usplit freezes after some minutes. Any other idea?