Thin board? What's your opinion?

How does it ride compared to your smaller lift board?

Still working on waterproofing. And finishing work. I’ll let you guys know!

:call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Cool, I like it. And I should, i have the same dimensions on this build :wink:
Hope to test still this week

2 Likes

Got the deck pad on. Hope to test it in the next few days.

1 Like

Did you have to do anything special to waterproof the stainless latches?

Hi.

I used the latches Lift uses. They’re super expensive. But, totally waterproof.

1 Like

geez, those latches cost as much as my IP67 enclosure. Do you open your enclosures that much? Don’t understand the overly expensive hatch type thing, sure it looks clever when you open it but I’d think that on a well built board the only thing you do with it is charge it and then you have a charging port :slight_smile:

Expensive hatches mean that your electronics setup isn’t good enough since you need to open too often :grinning:

Or?

1 Like

@Flightjunkie had a much cheaper ebay link for a slightly different size here: Flightjunkie's second board. Invention of the SUP efoil - #32 by Flightjunkie - Builds - FOIL.zone

https://www.ebay.com/itm/124181777888

It’s easier to transport the board without the battery in it. Plus it’s also much easier to store a volatile battery in a different location than to store the entire board.
I do also get your point though, if you think about esk8, ebikes etc all the batteries stay on the boards and then you just charge them.

It’s a good point, especially when using Lipo. I’d rather go with a 100% sealed removable battery and a separate ESC box (never opened) and have the latch and box in my board as simple as possible.

Hi.

I don’t think it gets any simpler then this!

The reason I want to be able to remove my battery and ECS is so I can use the board as a SUP foil board for Wing Surfing and SUP foiling.

Also, I want to be able to swap my battery out, and swap batteries and ESCs between my two boards.

There are a million ways to build an efoil. That’s the fun of it. Build it the way that works for you!

3 Likes

a little bit of topic, but I’m about to pour some silicon rubber inside the battery box to stop things (wires / battery’s / … ) moving around. Maybe 5 to 10 mm max!
The silicon rubber can be removed, but will be a lot of work to do so.
What do you think? Good or bad move? The silicon rubber is rated up to 250 Celsius, so no problem with melting… That is… Until 250 Celsius, but at that temperature it’s a goner anyway

That’s a super clean installation. Thumbs up!!

1 Like

It will effectively glue all your stuff together? It’ll be a nightmare just to fix some minor issue if you mold in your cables - don’t do it, or at least not until your system is perfect!

2 Likes