The Lift eFoil thread - info for the DIYer

The power section of the ESC is in a separate watercooled aluminium housing. Then the logic board is open from the look of it.

FR definitely either reverse engineered the first lift motor or found the same manufacturer.
I suspect lift has now commissioned FR to do their motors and boards no’s so that he is kept busy and doesn’t have enough time to sell to the public, thereby ensuring lifts prices stay high…

This is a good deal for both of them. However, there are more and more high end efoils poping out. I do specially like the Pegasus one, even if it is still in preorder. They are sharing the motor specs and everyting looks realistics :

3 Likes

I didnt notice that straight away.

My motor from FR showed up with no logo on the motor and 4 supports on the hub. I think I have received a Lift motor. Definitely the same.

David has a lot on his plate, so its great that he still finds time to help out us DIYers.
When little problems arise he always comes through. True to his word.

2 Likes

Does someone know the size of the wing of a lift foil ? About how much cm2 wing?

Différent size available , name stand for inch2 as I undestand

How to transport your 2000Wh battery in a plane ? Here is the 500USD solution suggested by the LIFT Accessories page here: https://zargesusa.com/applications/liion-batteries/

Zarges Case

The rugged Zarges case provides compliance to IMDG, IATA, FAA and 49CFR requirements for safe storage and transportation of Lithium batteries. Zarges fire-resistant cases also carry UN HazMat Certification and protection against dust, moisture, extreme temperatures, corrosion, and cracks.

For more information, please visit ZargesUSA.com.

You can get those in Europe much cheaper than from lift. Now the big thing is how you can convince the airlines to allow you to fly with one…

Another way to present it is “Do we have to declare a Li-Ion battery stored inside a case approved by FAA and IATA… ?”

You’d have to get the ok from the CAA in the UK and then some other countries too depending on where you fly… But I’d buy one in a heartbeat if I knew I could fly with it.

Hi.

So, the consensus is that the Lift motor and the FR motor are the same?

I saw a picture of the internals of the Lift motor on this forum somewhere awhile back but I can’t find it now.

How many poles is the Lift/FR motor? I seam to remember it being 10 poles. Is that right?

And the 65150 is 8 poles?

Does anyone have pictures of the internals of either of these motors?

Thanks!

:call_me_hand::beers:

FR motor is 16 poles.
65140 has 6 poles.

1 Like

Thx. I was way off! Do you have pics of the internals of either?

Are they calling it The 65140 now? I’ve seen a couple different names. I thought it was originally the 65150…I can’t keep it all straight. LoL

:call_me_hand:

More commonly known as 65161 or 65162.
Reachertech offers 2 different versions.
Maytech offers 2 different shaft versions
Flipsky offers 1 version.
Motor is also used on Pwrfoil and some other brands…

1 Like

I thought it would be appropriate to ask in this thread since I could find info on this forum about the Lift esc motor connectors.

Would anyone know what type of connectors these are? The E1 and E2 appears to have different connectors.

No one has found them yet. I haven’t looked for them in ages, but mainly because I have found my 5.5mm bullets are not overheating.
Lift might be able to sell you spares if you ask nicely.

Good approach. I might try that.

They are probably custom made…
My guess is amphenol

Do we now a bit more about the Fr Motor, because somone already created a post asking if we now where the motors get produced. I also dont know it and does anyone know some details about the FR motor. Are any compatitors besids flipsky out there that are comparable to the FR motor?

Does anyone know what hinges Lift use?. The board I saw had really nice stiff hinges so the hatch lid would hold its own weight at any angle.

Made by Gemlux.

:call_me_hand: