The Lift eFoil thread - info for the DIYer

Back to the LIFT topic, nice picts taken by @Carpi in Nov 2018.

Still according to @Carpi , the LIFT motor is “Direct Drive” = connected directly to the prop…

Flying Rodeo has also gone direct drive now. I know he has a lift foil as well and I also know that Lift has been testing his motors. I wonder if there is some collaboration or whether its just competitors testing each others products…

2 Likes

2019 LIFT range of products, very informative… 60cm mast, 110 race front wing (50kmph), 132cm (4’4") board, folding prop, …

Credit and written summary : https://e-surfer.com/en/liftfoils-efoil-2019/

It looks like the lift motor is in the region of 65mm x 140mm. I have’t got exact measurements, but that is my guesstimate based on measurements of images. I think that would be good starting point for a custom inrunner.

The first revision of the Lift folding propeller is sold … 1000 USD according to Lift Instagram account :scream:

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: eFoil riding regulations/laws

Hi All,

I was wondering does anyone know what KV Lift efoils are running? 80KV or 100KV?

In 2016, Nick LEASON hired 4 bad asses to develop the LIFT “Wireless controller” patent with priority date 2017-04-10
US10235870B2 - Wireless controller - Google Patents with direct link to 12 page pdf here

Once again, it seems that there was some prior art, here in the flyboard fied developped by the French from Zapata Racing as early as Sept 2014 (see video below) later confirmed in the US in March 2015 to control remotely the power of their sea scooter (Seadoo, Kawasaki, YAmaha, Honda, …)
This remote was very innovative for its time : 300ft (100m) range, ability to work underwater, hall-effect trigger, resin touch-sensitive buttons, screw cap water resistant to 30 meters, wrist strap

First generation of wireless remote, always a pleasure to watch whether you know or don’t know what the flyboard is:

Cited by above patent:
English machine translation of JP2002 - 154479 to Kazunori , titled 
“ Remote Control System and Transmitter of Motored - Surf Board ” ; May 28,2002; 23 pages
“ Wireless Electronic Kit ' s Manual ” , Zapata Racing  EMK Wire less Installation , 35 pgs

For those out there trying to figure out how does a folding prop work, here is a close-up of the LIFT one in action. Credit LiftFoil Inst account:

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/v/t50.2886-16/70644189_2380590618845870_6556389603134645497_n.mp4?_nc_ht=scontent.cdninstagram.com&oe=5D7A05AB&oh=29e4ffec1ed3993676f677f5a7573bab

2 Likes

How is assembled and tested a LIFT eFoil ? At 1:32 what’s inside the ESC box…

2 Likes

Sympathetic girl, but she talks too much :rofl::rofl:

That’s a 9V battery they are connecting. It’s a very interesting looking ESC at 1:21.

Looks more like a control board with all those wires. Also looks like MGM signature ?

Ok guys, I just saw something interesting that might be useful to share :

screenshot of someone dismounting the lift prop guard to install the folding prop :

Sauce : https://fly-efoil.com/lift-efoil-folding-propeller/

FR’s prop guard :

The hub looks a bit familiar right ? Lift basically just took off 2 mounting brackets :smile:

And the motor :

lift :

FR :

This is sexactly the same motor lol !!!

Lift motor = FR motor in 2019 and this is 100% proven now :smile:

1 Like

Here are some pics of the FR motor system I bought recently.

That looks exactly like the lift motor system doesn’t it? :wink:

1 Like

Someone on the forum told me that it was a custom MGM ESC so you might be right!!

1 Like

Wow, looks even closer if not the same as the actual lift’s motor pod. Thanks for sharing !
That beeing said, I am glad David @Flying_Rodeo offers such a greeeeat motor to the community !

@ David : you rock !

Yeah he confirmed it to me so I think it is no secret now! Plus, he uses the lift prop guard now. Well at least, that’s what I got!

The power section of the ESC is in a separate watercooled aluminium housing. Then the logic board is open from the look of it.

FR definitely either reverse engineered the first lift motor or found the same manufacturer.
I suspect lift has now commissioned FR to do their motors and boards no’s so that he is kept busy and doesn’t have enough time to sell to the public, thereby ensuring lifts prices stay high…

This is a good deal for both of them. However, there are more and more high end efoils poping out. I do specially like the Pegasus one, even if it is still in preorder. They are sharing the motor specs and everyting looks realistics :

3 Likes