The Cyberfoil build

Some more riding videos. I am getting there :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Nice work, well done !

1 Like

The weather is awesome for foiling in Sweden!

3 Likes

Reached 37 kph today at about 85% throttle. Whoa! That felt really fast! When the foil is moving trought the water in that speed the height maneuvering gets really sketchy. The slightest shift in position makes the board nose dive or the foil to get airborne.Hitting the water face first in that speed is not very nice :slight_smile:

It fun though. I have a really small aft wing. With a bigger one I will propably get more stablilty at high speed. I would really like to find the Cyberfoils max speed. I’ll keep you posted.

1 Like

Nice , neck still ok at 37 ? :grimacing: , I think the limit is 30 , after it is always painful … but so fun

Yes :grin: all good. I usually manage to turn the body so I land ass first. What I dont want is landning on my ear. So far so good. Fast is fun!

Efoil is not an activity in Strava. Thats a shame :wink:

However. This morning ride was exciting as I took my efoil to work. Maybe not the most practical commuting vehicle but most definitely the most elegant.

https://www.strava.com/activities/2774481836/embed/173105f5acc6ab65bea058fceafab5a03aeb5b36

7 Likes

I preparing for my next build. I am looking for a full carbon foil that will be a little faster than my previous foil. What did you think of this foil you bought? Is there something about it you don’t like? Was the room inside to run #10 wire inside? Is it fast? I am reading the rest of your build now.

The china foil I started with was crap unfortunally. Now I am using the RL-kite front wing. It is really nice. Good stability. High top speed. I am still using the mast and fuselage from that chinese manufacturer though. It works well. The mast has just enough room for three 8awg cables and a tube for water cooling.

1 Like

Did you drill the carbon mast like you’d drill an alu one? How’s the finish inside the hollow part? Smooth enough for the wires to stay intact?

Nope. My cables run out at the bottom of the mast. No drilling necessary. The inside of the mast. The “channel” that you put the cables in are smooth enough.