Sourcing top cells from the electrical car industry (retrofit, new, ...)

Came across this starting global trend : https://transition-one.eu/ where “retrofitting” means converting your existing combustion engine (ICE) car to an electric one in 4 hours from 5500 to 10.000usd depending your governmental aids.
Our local car garages are on the verge of becoming conversion centres and could soon be selling the state of the art batteries we are interested in.
As a fellow member, could you present an overview (+ post prices / links / + battery focus ) on the conversion of combustion cars to electric cars (“retrofit”) process in your country?

On a side note, there is also a valid electric vehicle (EV) battery source in the car junks as @Riwi did splitting a Nissan (Leaf ?) battery into efoil compatible elements.

1 Like

Not Nissan, Kia Soul.

The quality of those cells is amazing.

Riwi, do you have car “retrofit” centres in Sweden ? If yes, could you provide an overview ? Users from the 5 continents please chime in :+1:

Hi!

Not really, we have an orogansation, SFRO, that has made guidelines for converting. I followed them when I did the fiat 500. Some small private business might offer to convert cars.

Norway is our go-to country for batteries in Europe. They have it all.

Yes, I remember thisnice project.

Would you have some information/links ?

This is their 21 page guideline for electric cars: Elfordon

1 Like

Second possible source: the electric mini cars [NL: scootmobiel, Sweden: moppebil, Denmark: mauto, …]
Available since last June in France, the new AMI model from Citroen, a French car manufacturer. The vehicle is not a TESLA, that’s why it is sooo interesting: a 6kwh motor powered by a 5.5 kWh 48V 115A lithium-ion battery build with the car industry standards, nearly an efoil combination.
Will investigate the motor grade (brushed, brushless), main battery size and price. Maybe do we have a French forum user working for Citroen here ?

Just for the fun of it: 2.41m long (smaller than a SMARTt for two), tops at 45kmph (28mph), doesn’t need a car driving licence just a moped DL, can be driven as early as 14 yo in France (14 to 16 across Europe) and costs +/-6500€, the price of a Gen 2 efoil (two such cars for the price of a… or of a :wink:). 3h00 charge time on an ordinary home wall socket means the car embeds a charger. More specs.

1 Like