Share your builds here!

We would love to see what everyone around the world is doing! Feel free to drop a link, pictures, anything!

I’ll start with my build. You can see the progress on this forum and here: www.efoilbuild.com

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6OiTyD8Y1vmd27Qx8vuRbUwJ3Rqf4NIJ
My parts list: eFoil Parts List - Google Sheets

3 Likes

Our goal is to break down the build and make a machine that is safe and runs problem free. We are focusing on using high quality parts and designs that won’t break our bank account.

We have a few VERY exciting improvements on the electric hydrofoil concept that’s going to change things dramatically but these concepts still require more details to be figured out, thus the reason we are here to start sharing our build with you for insight and help.

You can follow our build at www.DIY-Electric-Hydrofoil.com
YouTube Channel: http://youtube.com/c/DIYElectricHydrofoil

3 Likes

Hello

Me and my Brothers have a facebook album from our build .

We also posted all our files here:

Will eventually make a new thread here with all our files etc. We are currently working on a waterproof bluetooth remote.

9 Likes

nice ! love the board

E foil with KETOS FR2 XL, small stab, motor SSS 500kv, gear 5:1 PEL40

my own fuselage

Motor with gearbox and cooling gearbox with 2 aluminium tube

it was the first test, the lipo was too small only 2X 4S 20A, now it’s better with 2X 6S 20A

it was the third test in September

7 Likes

Bravo! Beau travail, belle maîtrise! :call_me_hand::+1:

1 Like

oh yes un Frenchie au monteynard ! jolie video

1 Like

For my build, I am using an Alpine Foil and it was quite easy to pass 3x 8AWG wires inside the aluminium mast. The front section of the mast is used has a water pipe that will be connected to the ESC.

Still a long way to finish and lots of patience for parts to be delivered…

1 Like

If you are putting a wire through each hole make sure to put a grommet on those holes at the very least! Looking good though!

1 Like

Hi,
I’m Peter from Hungary. I’m on the beginning of my builds.
I want to build an electric surfboard with jet drive, and an universal e-propulsionsystem for beginner windsurfer. (The prop has to be here very tricky…)
I plan to use 8S configuration but with a 790 kv SSS motor.
I want to use as many 3d printed part, as I could.
(Sorry for my bad english.)

Hello everyone,
we built one here in Barcelona and are looking to make a LOT more very soon
Thanks to Pacificmeister and Hiorth of course…!!

Here is the patent we found…

http://pdfpiw.uspto.gov/.piw?Docid=09586659&homeurl=http%3A%2F%2Fpatft.uspto.gov%2Fnetacgi%2Fnph-Parser%3FSect1%3DPTO2%2526Sect2%3DHITOFF%2526p%3D1%2526u%3D%25252Fnetahtml%25252FPTO%25252Fsearch-adv.htm%2526r%3D1%2526f%3DG%2526l%3D50%2526d%3DPTXT%2526S1%3D%252522powered%252Bhydrofoil%252522%2526OS%3D%252522%252Bpowered%252Bhydrofoil%252522%2526RS%3D%252522%252Bpowered%252Bhydrofoil%252522&PageNum=&Rtype=&SectionNum=&idkey=NONE&Input=View+first+page

Yes there are two electric hydrofoil board patents in the USA that more or less locking up that area for “complete setups”. One has a way of steering (the older patent), and the one you linked to above is what Nick Leason for Lift foils has control of if I’m correct.

They found a way around that first patent by removing the option to steer the board and said you just use your weight to steer, and they added a “rear strut” (mast) to the hydrofoilo board. It took that patent two attempts to get it and they did. But really, if you are creative and want something bad enough, you can find a way around most patents with a little few brainstorming sessions.

3 Likes

!

This is our drivetrain for a solar powered racing boat. Maybe interesting to you. It is a Lehner 3080/14 and a PLE60 16:1 reduction. At top speed we use about 6.5 kW. Works flawlessly :smiley:

We get inspired by your designs and solutions, therefore also this share. Lot’s of components are similar

Keep you posted!

16 Likes

That looks soo nice!!!

One question, why not countersunk screws on the fuselage?

We did countersunk afterwards :wink: this was just for quick built up to do some testing

1 Like

Hey Jules,

Good to see you out here! We’ll be installing the motor this winter :slight_smile:

1 Like

Last year we’ve developed our own hydrofoils. This was the first time tried making our own foils. Bij printing the foils, filling them with glue and then using carbon makes them really stiff!! Each foil lifts around 1000N, with a resistance of 100 N at 7 m/s, which takes 700W.

Any ideas about improving them? Let me know!

5 Likes

Great. Love the lamination concept !
What kind of glue do you use for first step?