Shaft couper solutions/recommendations

Hi,

on recommendations of @Hiorth , I made this coupler. It is a copy of Ruland (sorry) but they are hard to find here and very expensive. the propeller shaft is of diameter 10. So, Wait and see.

4 Likes

it’s not a coupler it’s just a jewelry

1 Like

and how long is it? To not have to modify anything in PM’s pieces the coupler must be 25mm long. So you did your copy by ourslef? Or where did you get it?

The coupler is made of steel and weighs 81 gr. L=27mm. (Homemade)
What do you think if the coupler is in aluminum ? This weight will be 25 gr.

1 Like

Ok! is it something you would be ready to sell or did it take too much time to make? I’m really not able to do something like that homemade

wow!! What a beautiful coupler!!!

Will u sell it? I plan to propose my better half soon and this should fit very well!

One more interested person, from the South of France :slight_smile:

Hello everybody,

This forum allowed me and my friends to embark on this project. Thanks to the community, we can exchange and correct our mistakes. I had a lot of demands on the machined parts of the engine.
Today, I made the choice to continue trading but not to sell my achievements because I do not know how they will wear out in time. There is less than a year of experience. Machined parts are expensive.
So it’s not fair to sell this type of product. I do not have the experience of some others you. Maybe someday.

3 Likes

Concentricity of shaft:
what is your shaft’s concentricity? Mine is within 5/100mm, see video below. I think this is quite good considering the part holding the bearing is fdm 3d printed. Has anyone else measured it and what does that mean for the seals?

1 Like

The video was taken with slow RPM (because the dial gauge cannot follow the shaft with high RPM) so the actual dynamic runout might increase with increasing RPM (max. no load RPM is 3800, so probably around 3000 with load).

1 Like