SamiSin First Build (slow)

Samisin, Thank you for the mast clamp cad files. They should save me a lot of effort. The motor front mast clamp is missing from your files. Can you also make that available? Thanks.

1 Like

Glad to be able to help. Will add that later today

where can I find these connector covers? are they waterproof?

It’s pneumatic couplers: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32846653518.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.3fa59253xZIiYI&algo_pvid=22852417-e0cd-4006-896b-842ed52861d6&algo_expid=22852417-e0cd-4006-896b-842ed52861d6-18&btsid=0ab6f83a15821139283381036e2267&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

1 Like

thank you very much for your answer

There’s also a lot to learn in @Frage’s implementation post where he uses clear PVC pipe for an enhanced waterproofness :

plus @mattgalic solution: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33002197500.html
discovered here: DIY - budget - high amp waterproof connectors - #10 by mattgalic - Electronics (ESC, remote, batteries) - FOIL.zone

IMHO, the 2 best waterproof manufactured connector covers so far… :blush:.

1 Like

Awesome product !!
May I ask how much did you pay for the board ?
Keep up the good work !

680$ plus shipping to US. They were nice to refund me 200$ because of those issues

Things are progressing. If I have to model my own fwd mast clamp its going to be ugly. Please share that part. Thanks.IMG_20200226_202203666

Added the missing files hope it is not too late.

1 Like

No, its not too late. I was happy to hear from you. I am printing the fwd mast clamp now, hollow. I had some rolls of plastic that were short lengths I want to use up. Maybe I will try to fill the hollow prints with epoxy. I already bought most of the McMaster Carr SS hardware. You have saved me a lot of trial and error.
I would like to see how you drilled your mast, from the looks of your aft mast clamp you ran all 3 phase wires down the aft channel of your mast? Can’t visualize exactly how you did it?

1 Like

Yes all 3wires thru same channel. Take a look at this picture. Not the best cut but works.

2 Likes

Be careful , we bent a gong mast very easily … first price mast are not that strong at all
With the space left with the wires I would slide a aluminum rod where the cut was made :wink:

Thanks guys. SamiSin thanks for the mast photo. Now I see how it goes together. I have a gong mast which is the same thing as your Chinese mast. I had your mast on my first and second build. Anyhow I am afraid that a cut that big will weaken the mast significantly. I like the mast clamp, I think I will be modifying it to allow me to use the front and back channel of the mast. I will post photos when I do it.

1 Like

SamiSin, I printed the the duct that was in your shared file for the Flipsky motor. It does not quite fit my Flipsky 65161. The bolts line up perfectly but the motor has a cone that sticks out too far. Were you able to use this duct on your motor?

IMG_20200304_192358188

1 Like

Are you sure it is not your printer tolerance? That has been designed from their drawing. If you measure the gap I will fix it. I did not print that part myself yet my fdm printer needs big maintenance

Please measure the motor con part and compare to their drawing to see if it matches

Hi buddy, could you send me a program for 3d printing this part? And what screws should I buy? (M5 x?) Thank you very much for your answer. Lucas
IMG_20200304_192358188

:upside_down_face: :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face:

use Cura

OK, thank you. :wink::+1: