Prop design share

This prop has similar pitch to my two blade. My prop is designed for 12mm threaded shaft Flipsky.

Wow. Ouch! I’m sorry to hear that.

I always do the “shallow water fall” technique. Protect your feet, knees, and most importantly your head. I foil in waves and over shallow reef with sharp edges and “Wana” that will painfully get stuck in your feet so I learned early on how to fall in 1 foot of water without hitting the bottom.

Never dive off the board when you fall. When the foil hits something you can’t see, you should still have over a foot of water depth. This is plenty deep to shallow water fall without hitting the bottom.

Glad you survived. I hope the board is ok. And yes. The buddy system is the safest way to ride.

Thank you for sharing your story. It reminds us all how dangerous this can be.

:call_me_hand:

Even with perfect reflexes and luck i wouldn’t have been able to choose my fall, waters are black here and i was going full speed in the middle of a small lake. One moment riding , the next ”is my head still attached?” Where am i? … Fumble fumble, blood clouding my eyes.

Nice falling tip though, i’ll try to work it into my muscle memory. Double :+1:!

1 Like

Thanks! Let’s ride when i’m back up again!

Serious crash/incident @Larsb… Good you are OK :+1:

A Flipsky design of the prop will look something like this, hub diameter ~53mm, shaft 12mm, overal prop diameter with these blades grows to 161mm. Is this something usable?

For reference purpose, this is the spec of the FR prop batch produced a year ago (Aug 2019):

Yours is just 6% larger with 161mm diameter. Then there is the pitch: FR is 178mm. What’s yours on the latest prop ?

Does the FR prop boss have an enlarged end or is it a constant boss diameter … ?

I actually think these are 6" pitch props. I have 2 of them and they are the same as his standard props which are 6" pitch.

On another note, I am about to test an 8" pitch prop on the 100Kv motor so it will be interesting to see how that compares to the 120Kv with FR prop…

Looking forward to see the amps you need for start with 8 inch prop!

Has the FR prop for 12mm Flipsky motors a 8mm/12mm hole? 12mm deep enough for the main shaftdiameter and 8mm for the threaded end to fit through? The hole in the blue FR prop seems to be 8mm from the picture.

Pitch of the 161mm prop is around 185mm

Excatly, the M8x1.25 shaft part being long enough to receive the washer and the Nillstop bolt. I didn’t order one though.

or

@Jezza, yes 6"diam x 6" pitch for the Sept 2019 and April 2020 batches.

This being said, there should be a new order process of FR props for 65161 motors starting soon…

just a question about the weight of a FR props? What is it? For le the alu Yamaha standard props After lifting is 150 g at 6 s no enought power my pla print is 55 g with époxy , for help the motor i think light is right for spinning faster easily?

Today I was on the water again, and I’m really pleased with this prop :smiley:
Both the smooth propulsion (fast on plane) and the effiency are good (way better than I’m used to). Today had the longest flight with my setup so far, 13.4km distance. With previous props this maxed out at 11.5km. The only thing changed was the prop, so a fair comparison for efficiency.

5 Likes

Just finished testing a prop I generated through the caeses app. Runs way better than the alloy Chinese prop I was using. Running on a maytech 65162 100kv.

2 Likes

Where’s the link to your design file then :wink:

Isn’t this the prop share thread?

Here is the STL file you are welcome to printyour own. infill set to 95%.

[https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rG1Z83AsWAgs2CGrZ_4NfWc5G61rgQsa/view?usp=sharing]

3 Likes

I had to ask for permission to get the file from your Google drive. Thanks in advance for sharing!

Hi,
I am a bit out of topic as I am building a E sup (Hydrofoil are banned in Switzerland ESUP too but it is more discreet)
I will use a SSS 5694 600kv in direct drive… How do you remove the hub in “B-Series propeller” from Cases? As I am looking for an 80mm prop the hub is larger…:confused:/
Is there a rule for having an estimation of the rpm under load?

No rule, if the motor is loaded enough it will stand still eventually. On ebikes i usually assume 85% of unloaded rpm, has served me ok so far but it’s more assumption than reality. for props it’s harder since torque needed is squared with rpm and torque vs blade diameter is to the cube so you can easily overload your motor.

1 Like

I think you will not get enough torque with a 600KV direct drive, either go geared (5:1 with 12S, 420-600kv) or use a 65162 or 8100 outrunner (wet setup). Or build a jet with direct drive.

Thanks… That was I used