Prop design share

Based on MaB design I did something for Maytech Motor. This is untested! The prop and the motoradapter to have a smooth waterflow.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1I9VaH8f5a6E2TF3qcLczSufpGZPKdtZi?usp=sharing

5 Likes

I actually don’t think there are that many props floating about…

• Pacificmeister prop (2, 3 and 4 blades)
  • My props
  • Your props
  • Solas 6" pitch
  • Chinese 5" pitch
  • Virus props (these aren’t anywhere)
  • Flyng Rodeo (but he has his own threads for them already)

but I think that’s almost all the designs I have seen so far…If anyone does make variations of a design then it can be added to the existing thread for that prop.

1 Like

Mine but I was waiting to test it before publishing :grimacing:

1 Like

Flying Rodeo are commercial, there’s no cad file to be printed. Pacificmeister is the classic ducted design, I know there’s the thread with the parametric Fusion file.
Virus doesn’t share his design, mostly because it works “by hand”.

Solas type, 175pitch
This is a 182mm 175mm pitch shaped on the Solas/outboard type. Must be reinforced with glass fiber

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing your designs! I will print one and get a feel of it compared to the Pacificm prop. I’m also curious about your modelling in solidworks, but I get an error opening the file at home. Which version are you using? Maby give it a try at work in an other version.

I used SW 2016 and 2019. I should save the files as .step or .igs

In a more recent version of SW I could open the file. Thanks

Nice proppler !!
i have tested to creat my own.
it look nice, in air turn perfectly.

but in water a lot of vibration, seems unbalance or bending with pressure of water ?
i use PLA with 50% infill + sanding.

did you face this problem ?

p1

p2

p3

Rear edge of the blades look to straight in the center and to flat at the outside … on the pics

What did you design it with? If it’s badly unbalanced you will notice it in the air as well. I use 100% infill on my 3d printed props and have not had an issue with any of them.

i made it on : https://www.wageningen-b-series-propeller.com/ + solidworks adaptation

:thinking: why not 100% infill.

How rack and ratio ? Maybe cavitation and pla doesn’t work well …

my rake : 15
pitch: 180mm
diameter : 150mm

expanded area ratio : 0.65

after discussion with bruno from alien power, maybe lost of sync ?
expanded area ratio is too high ? ==> too much torque ?

Today I gave a shoot to the 142-216, printed in PC Max and reinforced with a thin fiberglass up to 1/3rd of blade span.
The SSS350 sound smooth at 12s, unfortunately my amp/voltmeter died this morning but more than 7 nautical miles at a MINIMUM speed of 16Kt and the batteries are at 3.8V per cell. I realized that below 17/18kt I foil unconfortably, my setup start to feel safe from 18 and above, cruising at 20-21kt is less demanding.
Unfortunately, the prop max out at 23Kt… less than I expected. Next trial will be 140-230 but I know that it won’t make me happy…too little blade surface to be effective.
I really want to dig into 2blade design…

1 Like

Just to be sure, you are running the SSS56114 360kv at 12S with a 4:1 reduction ratio, which gives you around 4000 rpm unloaded, right ?

Yes, that one. Actually is marked 350KV, I had the 360 before and this one has a slightly longer magnets on the rotor… Got it from Germany. Battery: 4x Multistar 16A 6s, serial parallel up to 32A 12s

new prop…
26kt reference on the right, the 140-230 on the left (requires some sanding). Too little blades, maybe ok for flat water low motor current request… I’ll try next time.

1 Like

Volker‘s new Prop
Works very well on 80100

1 Like

Nice prop! How does the twin blade feel like?any vibration or tendency to “steer” to one side when foiling?
I played a lot with Caeses B prop generator but I never got what really I wanted to design…
Twin and 4blades are both something worth to play with.
Only the 2blade scares me (on second thought) because of typical shaft vibration hence sealing at risk.