Post-print propeller processing

I was wondering what is the best treatment to give to a raw PETG printing propeller so that it is the most efficient in water…because normally a propeller must be well balanced?
I found this site for RC boat propeller…
Is this useful for us foils?

https://youtu.be/n82PmM7YObo
So what do you do?
Thank you.

Here are a few images of my impeller that I printed in PVB. It’s MauiMan’s design. You can then smooth it with Isopropyl Alcohol. Basically just put it in a an air tight container with some paper towels soaked in isopropyl for 5-7 hours - no need to touch it at all. They come out almost completely smooth - will have to see how strong it is. This was my first attempt.

5 Likes

Thanks great and you think it works with PETG too?

Have any of you ever tested the XTC 3D
on PETG…? Then on my MTB parts I usually sand with sandpaper and water, paint and apply 2K varnish.

Will not work with PETG. It’s a property of PVB.

1 Like

i print at .15 to reduce layer height first.

then i scrape the blades with a sharp edge of ruler or knife to sought of scrape of the high points.

then when im left with a relatively flat surface i put on rubber gloves and apply ultra thin ZAP super glue and this penetrates the individual layers and fills in the layer gaps. i then just massage it in with my fingers and when its all set i sand it back with wet and dry.

only done this once and it came out VERY smooth and stiffer with the glue.

2 Likes