Pocket NC 5 axis mill

Anyone have experience with the Pocket NC 5 axis cnc Desktop mill?Pocket NC 5 Axis mill

I am looking for an affordable 5 axis CNC setup. My CNC converted 3axis Grizzly Mill is outdated and am looking forward in building my own props for experiment. 3 axis takes alot of work but doable.

I don‘t know about this machine. On this site here How to get a good impeller (for jet propulsion) - #16 by SoEFoil - Propulsion System (Motor, Gears) - FOIL.zone (-> http://www.modeljetboat.com/jetboat/jetboat.htm) the author made quite nice impellers with only an added 4th axis.

I have a 4th axis table ready to convert, but i am in the market for a more modern setup.

Thanks for the input

I looked at Pocket NC but its pricy and really small, check out this machine!

I am getting ready to buy this 5 axis CNC, its a larger than Pocket NC, reviews have been good, customer support is very helpful its a 5axis system for metal. It’s their newest upgraded model only $2460 USD + $500 shipping.New Desktop Mini 5 Axis CNC Milling Machine HY 6040 From ChinaCNCzone Factory Manufacturer

What are the main features for this New Desktop Mini 5 Axis CNC Milling Machine HY 6040?

1. Most competitive mini 5 axis CNC milling machine in the market price less 3000USD.
  2. From factory with reliable and professional technical support.
  3. It can work with 3 axis cnc / 4 axis cnc / 5 axis, just as you like !
  4. With external digital LCD monitor and can be controlled by handwheel.(need to buy the handwheel)
    5.The working process can be tracked, recorded in the digital LCD monitor automatically.
  5. Mach 3 software
    7.Built in frequencey converter.
    8.Cross slippery platform, high precison.
    9.Aluminum base sheet which can reduce vibration when working.
    10.With auto-checking function.
    11.1500w/2200W water-cooled spindle for your selection.
    12.Ball screw.
    13.CE approved.
    14.Video support.(https://youtu.be/FSuO-cwKeeo)
    15.English manual available.
  6. Can engrave material which hardness below 45.
    17.USB connection
    18.Post processing available for this new 5 axis CNC milling machine hy 6040

I have seen that and also the smaller brother HY3040.
Also read mixed reviews. Most said no instructions.
Others say the XY are kinda soft for hard metal.

Looking for something to do stainless.

ya, the 3040 has their first design, undersized motor, machine frame, parallel port and few other things, the 6040 is several upgrades but Stainless is tough stuff and likely need something more american made :slight_smile: Good luck and post what you find here please, I would like to see other options there are.