Plug & Play Efoil torpedo : Beluga Foil Project

Hi, I used a RC remote - now I have in mind to design a custom one (waterproof) :slight_smile:

1 Like

… But I had some problems of transmission with my carbon board (carbon material works like a shield for RF)

Vmax 24 km/h, with Thrust: 42kg, Im: 119A, Pm 4200W,
@Frage Very nice prototype. Could you tell us more about motor and battery specs as you are limited by the torpedo body volume ?
What is the autonomy of this V1 project ?
Cherry on the cake, you don’t need a licence as you are below 4500W :grinning:

Is it still relevant for 2019 ?

Could you tell us more about motor and battery specs as you are limited by the torpedo body volume ?

=> Not really and also yes… I work now on a torpedo with a larger diameter (150mm) - The shape of the nose must be sharp like a Tuna head :wink: - So I will work on this point now -

Th autonomy was around 10mn with 12Ah / 48v … But I am not really sure about the power I really need. I will use a ESC with data logging for the 150mm version to check the real consumption.

Fred

great work! do you like to share some more details of your amaizing project? may you have some photos
and a riding video?

Did you see the YouTube video ?

What is the runtime of the torpedo after a full charge? Also how far are you from your version 2?

1 Like

HI

runtime was 15mn with 12A… but with lot of starts. not so bad
Version 2 will be this summer :wink: I hope

Looks awesome. Curious to hear/see more. Just starting some ideas for a similar build but I’m way behind everyone here. Trying to realize the dream of efoiling to spots where I can kite foil with the same board :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes it is a long work to finalize something. And a efoil system fully design to be under water is an other challenge. I work on the V2, but it will be for the next summer I think.

REgards