Pacificmeister Build Info and CAD Sources

Thread: ISO Metric Profile
Size: 40mm
Designation: M40x3
Class: 6g
Direction: Right Handed

1 Like

@morgansteven1970 Iā€™m using a Naish Hover. Iā€™m not sure if the mast is the same profile as the thrust.

rogjalon i think the naish masts and components all interchangable.

rogjalon thanks for that that is a great help

2 Likes

@pacificmeister Hello!
What is the exact length of the aluminium tube? I measured 193 mm on Autodesk Fusion and that looks fine compared to what I measured assembling the different elements, but I wanted to be sure before cutting it.
Thanks!

You should do a test fit to gauge how much space you need before cutting.

Yes, highly recommend to measure your assembly before cutting. I had to cut a second tube because I was 1cm shortā€¦ I didnā€™t anticipate the wire connections to take that much space, beware.

Thank you! Iā€™ve already done an assembly test but without connecting the wires, so Iā€™ll check again.

hi pacificmeister, iā€™ve seen in your last movie on youtube, that your board hase a safety switch with a leash around the leg. whats your solution or brand which you are using? do you cut the esc power? thanks for your help, may you can share the information.

Correct, I am cutting the ESC power with this kill switch: Sorry! Something went wrong!. Am not very happy with it though, ever since I added it I have remote trouble. And I got zapped when I touched it in the waterā€¦ not sure whatā€™s going on here, maybe the pins are exposed to the water inside the switch.

1 Like

pacificmeister, When you pull the leash the switch closes ā€¦is this then powering a Relay to open the circuit to disconnect the power to the esc

No. When the circuit opens, the ESC stops ā€œsending powerā€ to the motor. We have trouble finding relays that can cut the battery connection, so at the moment, we only disable the ESC.

2 Likes

[EDIT: Just realised that this is similar to what @MaxMaker is describing]

I just got my switch today. My plan is to use it to cut the signal to the esc or maybe set the signal value to constant zero. IIUC that will cause the ESC to stop. Needless to say, Iā€™ll test that before connecting anything more than the motorā€¦

@pacificmeister: I remember to have have read something regarding Parker gearbox stripped for an unwanted stop/start at full throttle due to signal lossā€¦ Is there a way to avoid this, other than swap the Gt2b for a more sophisticated system?

Another way to disable the ESC would be to set it to freewheeling instead of zero throttle. Freewheeling would eliminate most of the torque for the gearbox and stop the thrust from the propeller. I donā€™t know about all ESCā€™s, mine brakes the output shaft when a lower throttle value than necessary for the current speed is applied. Switching instantly from decent forward torque to maximum braking torque is probably the hard thing for gearboxes.
I think there are two very different safety aspects here. One is to stop the thrust if the riders falls. This is to prevent hitting the rider or anything else. The other one is electric safety for the user and electronics. This should prevent battery current from flowing to unwanted loads.

@MaB I think that was throttling and reverse. Most of us have already disabled reverse and there is no braking available on the boat ESCs.

@Flo Iā€™m not sure I understand. When would the ESC become zero throttle? My ESC default to zero throttle freewheel when the RC is disconnected. That is part of the safety feature on the receiver. With that said, there is still a massive amount of drag from a freewheeled prop on the motor and gearboxes weā€™re using.

Is there a reason why people donā€™t just switch the receiver power on/off?

I canā€™t find exactly where but I remember something about the receiver loosing signal and then recovering but at full speed. Maybe I misunderstood.
My ESC (flier 200A) has a function ā€œmotor startā€ percentage, I still have to try but I wish itā€™s about start power from zero. It goes up from 5% to 100%

Oh wow, so that means the lowest throttle is 5%? Its not the best, but I donā€™t think itā€™ll hurt the gearbox too much since power and speed is so low at that point.

I have not clear if itā€™s about the throttle or the power at which the esc start powering the windingsā€¦ Could be left on auto or set ā€œto the lowest value at which the motor will start, by doing testsā€ says the user manualā€¦

Iā€™m not sure I believe the specs, but here is a dirt cheap 120A DC solid state relayā€¦
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/SSR-100DD-DC-control-DC-SSR-Single-phase-Solid-state-relay/32262347720.html