Hello fellow builders!
I am releasing all the build info and CAD sources today. I got lots of requests for STL and CAD files. Please feel free to use and change them for your personal foil project. Build, innovate and most important: Please share insights and changes on this forum with everyone else.
Here an overview of all the available information:
YouTube Build Progress: https://www.youtube.com/pacificmeister
Early 2017 I started documenting my design and build process on YouTube. This was my first public YouTube experiment and I very much enjoy the positive energy from makers around the world. Let’s keep going.
Pacificmeister Open Source
This is the main Fusion 360 assembly which links all other components - directly viewable on web, downloadable in various CAD formats incl. Fusion. Builders can import into their own Fusion projects and have access to all components
CAD Files (recent Neugart Version)
- Fusion 360 CAD assembly (with the old duckt)
- Fusion 360 CAD assembly REV2 (info in post below)
- Fusion 360 CAD assembly REV3 - May 2018 (this one is shown in 3D above, similar to REV2 just slightly stronger duckt struts - tested, better than REV1)
- Fusion 360 2D drawings
CAD Files (previous Parker Version)
- List of Materials (updated Oct 19)
- MotorGearboxMount (for Parker use these 2 instead: part1, part2 - also see this thread)
- SealMount (for Parker use this instead)
- SealMount REV2 (fixed Nov22)
- DuckNoDuckt (optional duct blind piece for no-duct)
- REV1 - October 2017
- REV3 - May 2018
** Prop_rev3_2blade.stl (works, but didn’t test much)
**Prop_rev3_3blade.stl (I mostly use this one)
** Prop_rev3_4blade.stl (works well too)
** Prop_rev3_5blade.stl (just for fun with the parametric prop, not tested)
How To Videos:
Parametric Prop and Duckt - by @Taylor, Video and Fusion 360 CAD file available. My REV2 and REV3 duckts/props are versions I created from Taylor’s parametric setup that works with my threaded mount.
Parametric Propeller (my old version part of the assembly. I since updated my assembly to include Taylor’s version (REV2 and REV3) This video walks through the parametric prop which is part of my published Fusion 360 assembly above. Quickly customize things like number of blades, shape of the blades, angles and the shaft attachment sizing. Credits to Nikolai, Emil and Jonas Hiorth for a nicely working prop/duct, I choose a very similar shape.
- Custom Masts - This video shows how to quickly adjust the mast clamp to your own foil mast in Fusion 360. The fusion assembly comes with LF 2017 and Axis mast designs but you can adapt it to any mast. Here is the CAD file I use in the video, same components are referenced by the full CAD assembly listed above.
- Other Gearboxes - I used the Parker PV40TN-007 in my first build. Here is a Fusion assembly with the Parker gearbox based on the latest setup (Oct 22). I just updated this because I realized that several people bought the Parker based on my old parts list. 3 parts are different to the Neugart setup, the colored ones (red, yellow, orange), also part of the assembly.