Newcomer's build [Ger] + 2nd one

Hi Paul,

getting the plate was easy. I did it via ADAC. They asked back to me that I may need a “polizeiliche Genehmigung” and that I should contact the water police. I did not do this but instead replied some paragraphs, which was then fine to them. Please PM me if you need help.
I do not know if the “A” is for ADAC and no, I did not perform an Einzelabnahme.

Keep in mind, that the plate is one thing. Police is still can charge you even if you have a plate. I ride on the Donau, where they have additional rules. Every state has its own laws, check it! I have not had the pleasure to meet the water cops so far and I would like to keep it like this. Still I hope that the plate will help me in the end.

If your foil is more than 3PS (which it will be) you need a plate. If it is more than 15ps (which it wont be) you need a motorboat license.

Regards,
Jan

So many boats today on my local river. Many turned around to film me. There also jetski bashing with 80km/h through the water, but nobody wants a vid.of those :woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

It’s amazing how excited some bystanders get when they see our efoils. Especially if they have never seen one before.

Here is my first log.

It looks like we need more pitch or blades or size @Flying_Rodeo. I have mostly 95% duty cycle with 60amps on 100kv Flipsky with FR prop

More Blades is bad for Eta!!! You need only 2 Blades for more Eta
Greetings Frank

I take pitch then. Or FR will make a bigger 2 prop like the printed one. Would buy :slight_smile:

Topspeed 36kmh. With 100kv 12s nice. Why would you want more pitch? You want faster than 36kmh?

1 Like

36 was in a turn so I think it was an artefact not a real value. My setup usually is fastest 32

You not even max’ing out the prop you have. The motor doesn’t have enough torque to hit it’s max RPM with that prop. Putting a higher pitch one on would just make it worse. I have hit 38kph with the FR prop and 65161 motor.

That’s not correct. Look @ the graph again. He is at 95% duty cycle while not hitting any current limit. So there is still plenty of room (I thing @Ackermann limit is about 120A) . I would sell the prop again or buy a motor with more KV :wink: The older 4-Blade prop of @Flying_Rodeo fits to this motor much better.

1 Like

The song and the foiling are both excellent!!

1 Like

more speed:
change prop higher pitch (possible?)
motor 120kv
13s or 14s ( vesc will not like that)
easier might be a new front wing PRO L or M

2 Likes

Agree about the physics. But maybe I should consider new design of gong wing instead of pushing the hardware too far. We know these motors can also burn…(not mine)

1 Like

I think the rpm is not correct and needs to be calibrated. In my log at the very beginning u see also a dry beach test with max duty and no load, 12k rpm.

IMHO, the Veloce (or Unifoil) type of wing (high AR, low chord to thickness ratio) is the trail for low drag eFoiling along with a matching stabiliser. As it is a bit pricey, there are a few possibilities to test such planes:

• get a used windfoil front wing, a RL front wing optimized for efoil,
  • as skills and confidence builds up, people under 80kg can (re) test the 700 to 800 cm2 kite planes seen on this site (Gong 712cm2, Nobile, Alpinefoil, ),
  • get loaned one to see if it is worth the cost ,
  • wait a few months until DiY equivalents appear here and there,
  • …,

For more Speed the rearing not vergoten.
I have change the rearing from Caprinha too liquid force happy, and I won 2km/h
Grretings Frank

If you see the log I foil at 45 volt with 65amps at max speed. This equal to 2800 watts. Motor is specified to 6000w. I don’t think it is wise to use up to this, nevertheless I am way below. Still waiting for @Flying_Rodeo what we can expect for prop changes in the future.

Power is more :RI^2 , as the internal resistance of the wire and amp , you will have amount of heat produced that need to be cool down ( motor mass …)
45v x65A isn’t the same as 22,5v x 130A

It is better to have 2800w with 95% of duty then with 50% …

What is the Internal resistance of your 100kv found with the vesc ?

Hello,

I dont want produced props to burn your motors :slightly_frowning_face:

For speed i will change wing ( high aspect and 14 s batery and you will fly easy ower 42kmh)

2 Likes

Many thanks for your care :slight_smile: I think wing change is also my next invest. Let’s wait how gong veloce is performing. Higher voltage is no option for my setup