Possible testers would be:
@Hiorth
@pacificmeister
@Riwi

I also have a couple of motor setups:

• 750KV geared 7:1
  • 100KV direct drive
  • 500KV jet drive

I could test on all setups. All run 12S 35Ah batteries Everything is ready for testing as I would just have to swap out the ESC.

And me :tired_face:, not the best efoil setup but i am willing to put 120A (on 8s) on this esc for 15min :smile:

Sorry guys, what are we talking about? New esc? I’m making two masts, one with direct drive 100kv and the other with a hiorth setup, 500kv, 5:1. Battery is 12s 42,5ah.

Does the esc have a shunt that enables current limiting? If so I would be up for a test.

Br

Rikard

It’s the new Freefly ARC200 ESC.

Do you think it could handle roughly 70AMPS average current with a water-cooling plate strapped on the back?

Yes, 70A should be easy for the ARC. You can monitor drive temperature in the windows app. Please see below on specs for rated current vs provided heatsinking.

https://freeflysystems.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FRP/pages/269287436/Arc200

Sorry, I forgot to mention that it is 70 amps battery current :frowning: the phase current would be between 70A and 130A depending on throttle level…

I am about to order an ARC, but would like some more info on cooling and current capabilities too.

Could you elaborate a bit more on the cooling to current relation? Especially the point " Continuous current when bolted to a typical EV aluminum chassis: 100-150A" seems interesting if I understand it correctly. How exactly would a cooling setup capable of that continuous current look like? Just like bolting it to a metal plate? Therefore using a small aluminum heatsink roughly a few centimeters larger then the ARC itself with air cooling by headwind should be at least as good?