New Direct Drive Inrunner 65150

Hi Alex! I lost the data from this ride sorry but its easy feel the cavitation sound in my video.

1 Like

please, ask to Eileen an offer, Maytech 300A ESC, Maytech waterproof remote and this motor is a very good combination, probably get best price for pack, I don´t know.

1 Like

Looks promissing Virus, thanks for your review and data. Direct drive inrunner, dry setups are the way to go for DIY builds in the future in my opinion. (for now I’m stuck with a geared setup build)

1 Like

Yeah it’s very exciting to see it working. You need a 140mm with 6 or 7 inch pitch. That would be very interesting to see how it performs.
I think I’ll drop in an order in pretty soon for one. Nice to have some simplicity while I play with the DIY setups

1 Like

This propeller has a 60mm hub, would fit nicely to the motor. Smallest pitch available is 7.7 x 7 ( tohatsu) and as mercury 7.8 x7. Even if the hub is wide, we maybe need to cut the blades slightly. Propeller is designed for 4-6 hp outboard motors, so the Maytech should spin it as is but not sure torque is enough…

@nickw1881 the motor looks good. Any idea why people seem to be willing to pay for the Maytech/Reacher above the one on your link?

What does ND Grade mean?

Also that motor has 2 water cooled pipes, I’m assuming you just cut them off and filed them flush? as the unit is under water?

Hope this isn’t a de-rail… but in my opinion Maytech and Reacher are both well known brands, and that means the brand label itself carries a price: We can all trust that they won’t risk bad press by shipping bad product. Brands are important because you absolutely cannot trust non-brand Chinese product from unknown manufacturers through third party vendors: it’s guaranteed to be terrible. But if you buy directly from the manufacturer, the stuff is usually pretty good quality because they want you to come back and order more. I think most factories would like to be Maytech or Tiger-Motor, but they do not understand the concepts of marketing.

Neodymium is the magnet material. It’s typically graded from 30 to 52. Higher means the same amount of magnet material can push the motor harder in response to more current. That means higher power/weight, and the same diameter/weight motor can produce more torque with more current instead of stalling out.

Most factories are happy to do integration modifications that don’t require special machine shop work. If you don’t want a water jacket, or if you want a different kV, or if you want ceramic bearings or something they can do that easily and charge the difference.

1 Like

Thanks @nickw1881

I got in touch with freerchobby.cn about the motor you put a link to but they advised me to go for their 70120 waterproof motor instead - not hearing amazing things on here on that when i search the forums but I’ve gone and asked for the data sheet hoping they have direct info rather than the info I’m getting on the 70120 which was used and blew up on here (Login)

The drawing on the alibaba link is different to the drawing I’ve gotten from freerchobby.cn so heres hoping theya re not the same and may wade an another addordable motor into the mix.

Also asked for price and delivery to Ireland so will keep ye updated.

Do you think a 120Kv would have any advantage over 100KV? Th reason I ask is because the Flying Rodeo motor sits at about 130Kv for direct drive…

1 Like

:see_no_evil: I don’t know friend, I can only talk about this 100kv motor. I think it’s perfect for surfing and freeriding, and enough speed for me, 35-40 km / h is a lot of speed! maybe more with a perfect efficient prop.
Quick assembly and durable look! but please understand me these are my first tests, ok?

Do you have measurements for the shaft, I have ordered a 120Kv motor and want to get some props done before it arrives.

Virus great work !
Have you / are you able to test this motor @12S ? I think a few others would also like to know.
Thanks

Thanks friend, pls see the description video :wink:

1 Like

What motor have you ordered Jezza? The Maytech or Reacher? Where did you order from?

Reacher is cheaper, but their lead time is 45 days.
Maytech has a lead time of around 14 days for the 100Kv.
I ordered a 120Kv from Maytech with lead time will be around 25 days so that they can test properly. But I imagine if the 120Kv is successful then lead time should drop to around 14 days.
I can handle a slightly higher price if I get the motor almost an extra month early.

1 Like

Hi jezza

What is the unit price? I have read several price?

1 Like

@Vincentbraillard I have been asked not to broadcast the price as its “special” price. Obviously what might be best is to see how Virus’s motor continues to perform, and then wait to see how my 120Kv performs. Then once that’s done to arrange a group buy for the motors so that we can all maximise the discount.

2 Likes

I read the flying rodeo prop was designed for 3500 rpm. You should get the rpm with the 80kV.
80kv will have more copper=more torque, and maybe a better chance of getting to 3500 rpm.

Sounds like all the different kV motors will get a test. I’ve bought the 80kV reacher to try.

I ordered the 100kV Maytech with Maytech esc. I thought the same thing about the 80kV. I built an oil cooled 6384PG and I was able to foil but just barely. I was about 4 inches off the water and it went at an ok speed…maybe 12-15km/hr(I didn’t record). It just seemed to lack enough torque/power. At 7nM/4000W I was thinking 5000W/10nM would be pretty good and fairly efficient. The 6384 was very efficient. I also have a geared setup which is powerful enough but its such a power hog. I guess it pales in comparison to jet though. I’m using a cut back alum yamaha prop(7 1/4-5" pitch) to about 140mm dia

2 Likes

FR has done a number of different props. I currently have one of his units with me and can tell you that out of the water at 49V it hits 6000RPM and in the water at 50V it hits >4500RPM. I haven’t noticed any cavitation either. His prop is ±145mm in diameter and about 6 inch pitch. It’s incredibly light and strong.
Those figures put his direct drive unit somewhere between 120-130Kv.
Therefore it makes sense to order something simiar to the top performing motor and do a comparison. I also have a prop that is designed to run between 6000-10000rpm that I can test too.

3 Likes