New Direct Drive Inrunner 65150

Yes, really.

1 Like

Thanks for model! I’ll give it a try as well! My printer was idle after printing a bunch of Duplo Lego parts for my son to play with.

No supports, petg, 6 perimeters, 20% gyroid infill (might need more of that now that I look at it…)

1 Like

Vrrroom. Were you putting epoxy/fiberglass on there? Or just running running it without anything?

Sand it. 100 / 300 / 600. And balance it! Have fun

Try to be gentle on start, this is were my broke (did last during ride)

Will we see a @Flying_Rodeo fixed two-blade prop one day ? :upside_down_face:

I volunteer as tester

I busted it. :grinning: Going to try some higher infill and a layer of epoxy on it.

Was just trying in the water without moving, which that kind of static test is probably the hardest. Seemed to work well so full throttled it and it broke.

What thickness are the blades? Use 70% infill minimum.

Why do i say that? :crazy_face:
And @Ackermann and @brycej 45% + 20% is way too less and is not 65% together :joy:

Does it have an incidence on the prop strength ?

No, but without Support you get a way better surface

#1111 :partying_face:

For sure! Must not have seen that post before I hit print… so instead of restarting I just let er buck! I’ll try again!

I would go 100% infill and mix some graphite powder, milled fiberglass, and / or milled carbon fiber with the epoxy to harden it.

This carbon fiber PLA is nice too:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0837QMVWR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Please do not forget to balance it properly! Your motor will thank you

For strength I do zero percent infill and up the wall line count until it’s a solid piece. That’s supposed to be stronger than 100% infill and prints faster.

:call_me_hand:

4 Likes

How did you get this back together? I freaked out with the magnetic force in there when I opened mine up :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s a strong magnetic force.

Getting the shaft back in the rear bearing is a bit of a challenge. I just used my hand, with a rag around the shaft, wiggling it around until it went back in.

I put something like a rod through the hole from shaft. Then, take a towel or some strong glove, press firmly and turn the stator. It will pop in.

Cheers

1 Like

hi guys, which propeller do you recommend for flipsky engine 65161 100 kv? I have a Yamaha propeller reduced to 120 mm and the performance is not completely sufficient.
Whether it’s a good FR or another. My acquaintance would cast it on me from aluminum
I don’t have time to read 1119 posts.:pray:

1 Like

I think with the FR you will be happy.