New Direct Drive Inrunner 65150

No prop slip according to data ?

Have you got the chance to measure FR prop’s rake ? Would be nice to know. I think it must be close to 18° but need to check it…

Motor running at 82% efficiency with a prop slip of around 13% for the max. I would say a more likely prop slip would be around 15% if one had to cater for any possible water movement that may add to the top speed.

Ok i just took max rpm x pitch 6’’…

Ah, I worked with a 7" pitch. I’m still waiting on David to clarify exactly what it is. I’ve been too lazy to measure it manually.

*Busy designing a prop to push my geared unit to 50kph

Yes it’s 6 inch …

Guys FLY fast and stay HIGH :hugs:

Hey guys all of you using the maytech/flipsky/reacher motor. Can you please dismantle it after 10hours usage? I already have abrasion on the shaft! where the is located and slow water penetration… Want to know if its just on mine or on all of them…

That’s interesting. Thanks for letting us know.
Has the inside been treated at all?
They may have used the wrong seals.

hy jezza where did you get the mast mount i need the same for my reachertech motor

Flying Rodeo…

1 Like

I printed with 0% infill and filled with epoxy. Feels Rock solid. OP for clamp is

2 Likes

Got any photos? …

Please show photos of the damaged area.

No marks at all after 6hours

see the picture of the shaft…
Would be great if someone with 20hours and 40hrs. could detach his motor as well and inspect it

Has it reduced in diameter or is it just scuffing?

Have you been able to reassemble it properly afterward ?

Another question, can the shaft be easily replaced?

Have you tried cutting the shaft for this motor to see how hard it really is? I found some of the motor shafts drill and cut like butter while other quality shafts from like TPPower and SSS were rock solid and I had to take them to machine shop.

What motor are you using Maytech, Flipsky, or Reacher?

Also, those do not have a thrust bearing and the companies said the shaft should not take the prop load, so you may wanna help the motor with a thrust bearing it could make for longer life and be smoother.

Can you post pictures of the rest of the internals of the motor?

Does it have a thrust bearing? And other signs of wear or damage?