New Direct Drive Inrunner 65150

Well, even high quality motors like Lehner have a deviation of ±4% in the KV.
It also depends how you measure the kv (voltage, bldc, foc, load/bearings/lipseal, usw.). So, yeah those motors are nice battery eater, but kv is about right.
My SSS 360KV has no load, factory bearings, FOC ~378KV…so thats as well around 5% error…

1 Like

I’m getting 113kv bldc, 101kv on foc. With this numbers the motor should be rated at 110kv. Personally I’d rather have the motor higher KV than less than what it’s rated at.

I got a 50min trip going pretty hard on throttle with speed up to 32kmh from a 32ah battery on the reacher 120kv, it doesnt seems too bad, especially with a Gong L. Low voltage cut off set at 41v

3 Likes

We had the drone in the air and changed battery. Looking at the rush I’m 100% sure about 50min ride. What doesn’t make sens is logger from the arc200 during previous session was showing 50-60A at 20-25km/h and 90A at top speed 32kmh.

Does anyone know the diameter of the 8awg cable of the 65150 flipsky motor?

When you charged back the battery do you recall how much you put it ?

The diameter is 6mm.

I never pay attention, I’m using VBMS app but it doesn’t seems to be accurate.

32a I guess using lipo ? 12s ?
Usually one a ride I average around 20km/h with top speed at 34km/h even if i think you I go higher than 25km/h all the time
My average is 95wh/km with FR motor ( not set at the best ) for exemple
50 min seems a lot on 35A but a little less ( always take time to set everything , to stop , some rest …) with a lower average speed then thinking why not ?

1 Like

What profil/foilshape do you use for the mast mount on 65XXX direct drive motor? On my next build I´m thinking of making a CF-mast with a motor mount built in.

I´m also looking at integrating a load cell in front of the motor for measuring the true thrust. Have someone tested that before?

Battery is 12s16p, cells are 20mha.

Hi guys, I burnt 2x ARC200 with this motor so if you use this controller be really careful. For the first one all was going well, I had 5 nice long sessions with nice logs then the next day just giving the remote a fickle on the beach before closing the hatch and BoOm: 1m high jet of black thick smoke coming out of the board it made a good impression on the beach. Nothing has been changed in the configuration software, the motor and wiring has been checked and tested no clue what happen.
They sent a replacement under warranty and it burnt the same in the garage after loading the motor profile and going from speed mode RPM to Torque Froward only. It generated so much heat it melted a hole in the aluminium casing…

Tested the motor again, opened it no water coil looks perfect. It is running perfectly with the seal 300A. Still no clue what is happening. The Freefly team doesn’t know either, they looked at logs and profile and have no idea. They refuse to send a refund and have no replacement unit anymore. EDIT they are sending a refund…

It really seems to happen during the jitter start in Torque Froward only, it seems to struggle to find his pole and boOm. I never managed to get full Torque in Speed mode (RPM).

The really weird thing is it has been working really well for the 5 first sessions which would point to motor having an issue except it is all good

!

Considering you are using a product which they discontinued, you are pretty quick to blame the motor.

Seems like a ESC problem to me. Can you explain to me how it’s the motors fault. Sorry I don’t get it.

Hey mate not blaming the motor at all. As I said it has been tested, opened and used with another ESC and it is working well. It seems to be an ESC issue with this particular motor. We know now this motor is tricky to drive, only few ESC get it to spin correctly.

Must of been the way I read the post.
Are you running 12s? Maybe it’s a bit too close to its limits at 12s.

It seems this motor might be a bit of a power hog too judging from results so far. That probably doesn’t help the situation.

Yes 12s. To be honest the previous log were not that bad. 50A-60A cruising at 20-25kmh, 70-80A at 32kmh with a big draggy Gong L and 90kg. Temp never going past 43deg. The ARC200 is supposed to be 200A continuous, it really seems to be a starting issue to me. Really hard to know what happened.

At this stage I can only advise to use the 300A seal also sold by reacher and Flipsky. It is in fact a ZTW 300A seal, not sure if they modified the software so best to get it from Flipsky or Reacher. I would still have an ARC200 I wouldn’t use it with this motor but use it on a geared setup

A little package was delivered today…

Quick comparison with my 3d printed prop:

Testing soon…

5 Likes

Looks like low pitch and much area.
Seems to be a thrust monster :crazy_face:

6 inch pitch, so will be interesting to see how it runs in comparison to the solas prop.

65161 on left. Flying Rodeo on right.
Going to be very interesting to see the difference in power usage now!

7 Likes