New Direct Drive Inrunner 65150

I think I know what’s going on. The receiver board doesn’t seem to be working even though the light goes solid and flashes when I shut the remote off. I think it recognizes the remote but is not sending a signal to the esc. I swapped out the motor to an older one that I know works…and swapped out the esc. Both had the same problem. This single beep then 2 sec pause. I think its waiting for a remote signal.

I’ll just swap out the prop and see what happens. If it still struggles with a 5inch pitch then I’ll see.
My geared unit is super strong though. Gets into the plane a lot faster than the FR motor.

You cannot just put the FR prop on the maytech motor and log ?

No, the way they fix to the shaft is different. But I have a Solas prop which I’m cutting down to 140mm and also the cheap Chinese prop so can test both of them.

yes, can you try with other remote and receiver? probably your receiver is damaged.
Talk with Eileen for a new receiver.

yeah, that was it. I swapped out the remote/receiver and its now working. The motor doesn’t have the power I thought it would but I’ll check it in the water. By your video it looks like its enough though.

well friend I only tell you this motor can start and lift with 125kg rider + efoil weight.

Do you have any speed vs. current data?

What settings did you run on your swordfish ESC when you ran it for this motor?

that’s great to hear! Look forward to trying it. Its been too long since I last rode it.

I assume you using a wing that has lift at a relatively low speed?

hi friend, days ago I tried tomake some tests for you with a watt meter but I had problems with my remote, I’m waiting for the new parts v2 remote and new esc and I will upload everything and more, dont worry!! only 5 days.

I’m using a wing designed by me, its similar to Go Foil wing for surfing

1 Like

Sounds great. The ability to see the amps in the new remote sounds really interesting.
The best would be to have a Vesc and the metr module for data logging and posting it in the forum.

I tried the new software from flier. No luck because the firmware does update but then nothing works. Impossible to adjust any settings. Normally in the settings menu you can see the name of the software you are running but when installing the new low torque inrunner software it doesn’t show up any name

So a little update from my side…

• High pitch prop I was only manageing to get ±2100rpm at 32A.
  • Solas 145mm 6 inch pitch prop managed to get to ±2700rpm at 33A.

Speed wise I was at 10.5kph max so not fast enough for my wing (it needs about 15kph to get flying).
I tried to bounce the board up in order to get some release, but it was to no avail…

I have some other speed controllers I want to test and see if the arc just isn’t kicking the motor hard enough and also push the battery to 14S with the other controllers. I am pretty bummed that the motor just won’t get up to speed though!

I can also definitely say that the FR motor has way more torque than the 65161 as even with the phase currents limited to 100A I was still able to get onto the foil!

1 Like

You might get more torque if you lower your timing.
I think 16 degrees is far too high for an inrunner.

My first setup I used the solas propeller ( data in my post) , as I recall with my wing this propeller ( no cut ) starts to kick at around 2500-2700 for a decent speed ( planning) and 3100rpm max ( 30% lost with geared vs Kv) gave me around 20-22km/h foiling

With my amp , rm , back emf … I found around 6Nm

Here that is almost 60% rpm drop …

Maybe cut it again to 120mm or try the first FL prop (135mm) that should fit ( it gave my + 10km/h at the time)

This is the arc200. It doesn’t drive the motor the same way the other ESCs do so there is no timing.

1 Like