New Direct Drive Inrunner 65150

I’ve got my prop being printed in PA12 MJF atm. Can’t wait.

The manufacturer has been waiting on the magnet supplier to deliver. Next batch should be shipping in about a week. :grinning:

3 Likes

Looks like we are all having our prop ready waiting for the motor. Are you getting the 100 or 120kv Scott? Would be quite cool to ride back to back in Raglan

9 Likes

Nice one!

Im going for a 80kv Reachertech. I half expect Reacher Tech to message me saying only 100kv is available, and then they will deliver the same motor as flipsky, maytech etc.

Ill be back out to Raglan when the weather warms a bit, and my project needs a bit of testing.
My project with the reacher tech motor is a power unit that quickly retrofits to my SUP foil. I just want to cruise around and jump on to a wave and foil without motor power. Im too lazy to paddle!

Awesome, are you going to keep the motor quite up to have it out of water while surfing to reduce the drag?

Yep, I’ll mount it on the board so I can use any foil. Also want to be able to remove it quickly to use the wing surfer or normal paddle.

1 Like

Hi, ist there any Update on the holder?
Another thing: which prop is suggested to use with 100kv Flipsky motor? I just ordered a motor and would like to start printing. I used already ABS with Aceton Finish for gong front clamp. Quality seems to be fine.

My order from 24/07/2019 is still unfulfilled so have not checked design to the real build standard as yet. I also do not have the detail of the location of the 8AWG cables so can not give a STL that will 100% work.

I designed around a very cheap mast so it may not fit yours ??? please check.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32901521077.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.4ebf4c4d9diKen

Note : The design will need some metal lathe parts to be fabricated.

2 Likes

Test only… I have not printed any part as yet : Fusion test only !

Have any of you guys received your motors yet?

Mine is shipping out Monday I think. So hopefully will arrive soon!

1 Like

I am expecting news from Flipsky on Wednesday 21/08/19 that will be 20 working days from order date… … … … Shipping time :ferry: ? :airplane: ? TBA

1 Like

My Maytech mptor works perfect with 130mm yamaha prop ok? I had problems with my receiver when remove the water pump, I was flying with water direct and works better than pump.
now I’m waiting Maytech 195kv motor with long wires 1 meter, no connections. I will start with 80mm propeller

4 Likes

Sounds great. I’m really looking forward to the results with the 195kv motor. I got the feeling that it will be surprising.

Do you have the consumption while you are flying with 20/25/30/35 km/h with your recent motor?

What’s the difference between the 130mm and 140mm in terms of speed and amps? Are you reaching higher RPM?

Cheers

Just to mention a few details that puzzle me about the ZJ products (the mast link you provide) obviously surfing on the hydrofoil trend:

• the mast dimensions is out of any standard (especially the leading 40+40mm screw spacing). A 40+40 fuselage could be re-drilled though…
    Chinese%20ZJ

Price inflation (even if you live in Australia :wink:):

• their mast price (65 to 90€) plus shipping cost (27€) is 10-20% more expensive than a known European brand delivering to your door,
  • their plate prices 160SD to 200USD are exaggerated (x7) with respect to the 30€+10€ shipping (Europe) or 30 + 15 rest of the world same brand,
  • same comment (x7) for their deep tuttle mast head (we don’t use with efoils).

Its no puzzle, you are correct I have a crap mast. It was AU$ 127.82 when I got it delivered. so I just digitised the profile as best I could . I dont care its non standard as I can adapt anything if required. After I ordered a flipsky 65161 I designed a bracket to mount the foil to it see 360 link above it is all a WIP…(That came with caveat that stated untested…etc) what are you “surfing” on :shushing_face:?

for the plate.

2 Likes

Hey Alex,

As far I am concerned, any surfing or eFoil activity postponed to 2020 as I can see it now :sleepy: It will be on a Gong M surfoil.
I also wanted to tell you that your clever 'hollow" mast plate deserves its own topic Got a few remarks for you. “See you” there. :wink:
Gasket%20plate%20to%20board

[quote=“SoEFoil, post:307, topic:3840”]
'hollow" mast plate
[/quote] ? whats is that? you are talking about ??
The red image is what I will print so I can hand lay up the actual plate (the Gray colour image) … Nothing clever just a cheap diy copy . I also may not be on a efoil till 2020 :cry: so many little jobs take so much time.