New Direct Drive Inrunner 65150

No , I will not do that

1 Like

Fair enough. Are you pleased with it?

Oh yes 75/300 is expensive and shipping and buying fees , and data logging is a pain in the ass …
from the numbers i get without cooling : yes I think you can use a vesc6 ( with water cooling) for 30km/h with a « easy wing « , direct drive , that is up to people who think that the 65mm direct drive will be waterproof all year … I choose to pay not to worry and to improve my flying skills

Yes I am pleased with FR, I think you cannot get better on the market and it is worth all its money , I like to built but love to fly :grimacing:

Well made , 16p , high torque , 120-130kv , take 130A + , numbers are correct , above my flying kills , more about the wing size now and board size : freestyle or cruising , that is the question …

1 Like

Gona be interesting to compare the 65150 performance running ESC vs VESC FOC.
From what I have been reading it should be really noticeable. It seems that even matching the wavefrom of a BLDC with the closest ESC wavefrom signal make a difference in terms of performance. I read trapezoidal signal between a motor X and an ESC Y can be really different. Maybe this is why you have a lot of noise running the 80100 with the Swordfish Foiledagain. Could be interesting to check the waveform of the 80100 with an oscilloscope using a drill and compare it with the signal of the Swordfish. Look at the link below, a 12N14p outrunner tested with a scope produce a sinuzoidal bEMF while it has a concentrated winding. My 83110 is 12N14P, I think the 80100 is too, so better performance could be obtain driving them FOC.

1 Like

Just tested my 83110… looks like a nice sine wave to me

2019-08-02_12h24_16

1 Like

Board size, small is better for everything a soon as you are on your feet. I have foiled boards from 4ft10 to 6ft and once up, the smaller the board the better. At your weight I would not go bigger than a 5ft board.
The wing size makes a huge difference for efoils and the efficiency. If you are still riding the Takuma wing it explains why you are seeing such low currents as it easy to fly at slow speeds.

Yes still riding takuma ( smaller then gong M ) , speed is not that low :29km/h and 60A is high for me , i think I can go 50A with the RL wing

It is already lower in amp than a gong L at 25km/h
For me any thing bigger than 1250cm2 will increase amp above 20km/h

What’s the lowest speed you can ride on the foil at?
If it’s the v100 it’s the slowest foil on the market, ie lifts out the water at the slowest speeds.

No , never really measured , I can tell you tonight , probably around 15km/h I think
Yes I have v100 from 2017
The v900 is the biggest

I tried the gong L which bigger and slower than the v100 , more stable and you can real push on it when turning

Yeah both foils are designed for low speed takeoff with the V900 taking off at only 3MPH. So I would guess the V100 would take off at around 6MPH.

1 Like

More data !!
140mm diameter yamaha prop
Maytech 65162 100kv motor
ttps://www.aliexpress.com/item/Marine-Boat-Propeller-For-Yamaha-Outboard-Part-Aluminum-Alloy-2-Stroke-2HP-2-5HP-Outboard-Motor/33000170289.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.63e663c0ni2ZVR

3 Likes

So kv announced is really wrong by 3x the value or am I missing something 12768/42=304…
Or the Swordfish data logger is totally off. Do you have a laser/strob tacho to check?

4,6kW at 77% Throttle,
3,8kW at 56% Throttle

Is there any speed Data?
That is really much Power.
In my opinion, not a efficiant setup, as far you are not going 40kph+
And 10-13k rpm sounds not plausible
That would be ~30m/s or over 100kph :crazy_face:

I may be wrong? also I am not familiar with the settings options of a Swordfish data logger however I would suggest that the RPM value is reading X3 the true value or to put it another way every time each phase is energised, the motor has no hall effect sensor to send back a signal so perhaps the data logging it readings another way of counting the RPM that may not be configured correctly? Can someone advise if this could be the case ?

The kV value is normally given unloaded.
For me at 408.7s, we have the medium value of all charts:
50% throttle, 75A, 9000rpm, 45v
Taking into account this is a test without load, with 40-50% rpm loss once loaded, it wouldn’t be that bad under load.
Original propeller 7.25 OD x 5" pitch reduced by 24% to 140mm = x 0.761
The Thales theorem says that pitch is reduced by the same ratio = 0.127m x 0.761 = 0.0966m per rot per minute
x 5000 rot/min x 60 min/h = 28.9kmh

Divided by pole pairs (3), guessing it is erpm not rpm, so it makes 100kv

1 Like

You need to set the correct pole numbers in the logger to get the correct RPM data. It appears you have the poles set to 2.
If I remember correctly this motor has 6 poles so the RPM data needs to be divided by 3 still.
Therefore Max RPM in the graphs would be 12768/3 = 4256.
Considering the voltage is 42.4V I’d say your motor is more than 100Kv.

1 Like

rpm 6 pole

2 Likes

Isn‘t there a need for a „thrust bearing“ in this setup?