New Direct Drive Inrunner 65150

Yes I forgot to tell. I tried all settings but the hard start did not change and yes 5 deg timing runs best. I run 11s and 100kv motor. Maybe 100kv is even harder to start.

I just checked and no load current is lower at buart low kv. So that is good.

I use the waterproof 40usd eskate remote

I had the exact same results. Low kv firmware starts about 8/10 times and sounds a little rough at lower rpm. Boat firmware is much smoother and starts every time. I had hard starting too but fixed this with medium acceleration and maybe 50-60% start power.

Also to get the motor apart i used a rubber strap wrench to rotate the end bell while pulling it apart. Once you get it to spin, you can kind of spin and pull apart at the same time to get it apart. Good Luck.

Hi, I tried the boat 32a with 50% starting and medium acceleration but then the motor has only low rpm but yes the hard start is over but also playing with other settings but it keeps running low vibrating rpm.

So I now use B_uart LOwkv motor. If it starts all is fine.

Flier just send me a message “Pls try to update this firmware"BLH_high”,then test it again"

But this BLH High is not working at all.

Finally got my project mostly buttoned up. No more ratchet straps holding my ghetto battery box to the nose of the board! Hoping to take her for a spin in the next couple days. Running the Flipsky 65151 filled with corrosionX, Solas prop and Flier 400 with Boat V30 firmware, 2x turnigy multistar 6s 20000mah (12S), Maytech remote, Closed loop cooling with heat exchanger protruding through bottom of board.

9 Likes

Beautiful work. I’m a fan of this surf shape.:wink:

2 Likes

Here is my build.

100kv flipsky 11s battery 500a flier esc. Cheap alu 7 1/2 x 7 pitch prop and takes only 1300 watt foiling. Im happy. Motor is really good

1 Like

mind sharing the link for the prop and any pics of your build? Glad to hear its working well for you.

For the last month I have been in sunny South Africa working and being on holiday. I had my efoil there with me and decided to try some of the Unifoil wings in combination with the 120kv motor and FR prop.
Here are the results:

Unifoil 210 hyper:
This is a large high aspect wing designed for pump foiling and downwind riding. I found that it would start foiling at around 10kph and 18A (battery current) and I managed a max speed of about 34kph. Its super stable and easy to ride.

Unifoil 170 Hyper:
This wing is designed more for downwind foiling and flatwater pumping. It is my favourite wing I have ridden thus far. It started foiling at about 16kph and 25A (battery current) and I managed a max speed of 37kph (85A at battery) in some pretty windy conditions. I found that I could very easily sit at 16kph and just carve around for ages. Super stable and super easy to turn.

Unifoil Kite wing (I also happen to own this):
This is one of the first batch of Kite foils wings that Unifoil did. It’s super small at 56mm diameter and designed for speed. It’s super twitchy and only gets onto the foil at about 22kph, but once up its very fast. I managed to get 37kph at 70% voltage on a 12S battery.

Its pretty awesome that this motor is able to foil as low as 18A with a well matched wing setup. It also goes to show just how important the actual wing is in an efoil setup!

4 Likes

Is it Flipsky Motor? Are you running 12 or 14 s?

Its a Maytech branded motor, but identical to Flipsky.
Running it at 12S

The 170 looks nice. High aspect ratio wing compared to gong for example.
What wingspan does it have, and what is the thickness?

950mm wide and ±16mm thick.

And how deep at the root? Should be in the 13-15 Cm range?

What are you calling the root?

root and tip. Root is close to the mast, tip is at the end of the wing.

I guess the root would be 16mm then as thats where is is the thickest. I dont have the wing near me as I am no longer in SA.

you mean 16cm? …

1 Like

Oh, you want the root chord, not the root thickness.
I don’t know the root chord unfortunately.

for all diy e foilers from Germany and Austria, Switzerland. I have now commissioned my prototypes of fasteners and accessories for the 65150 in small series to a friend who has a high-end CNC turning and milling machine. there will be a bracket for the motor made of stainless steel. then a transition piece made of black pom plastic for motor to propeller with an additional shaft sealing ring with 24 mm / 7 mm viton. and a stainless steel nut for the propeller in a very good spinner shape. I built the setup myself as a prototype now there is a small series of it. if someone is interested. the parts will be available from the end of february. greetings PS: and propeller (china plastic, which I milled on my own cnc router in new diameter an form ) I now have in 6 different sizes that are still driven individually. depending on the setup, I can also offer this for 12 S, 14 S or 15 S. I have a complete telemetry analysis in my board myself, so you can adjust the efficiency of the propeller very well.

2 Likes

I’m interested. But in Spain.