New Direct Drive Inrunner 65150

Do you make the motor mount waterproof so the water can not reach the back plate or cables? I mean do you trust on that the motor itself is waterproof around the area where cables comes out from the backplate?

No the mount does not add any waterproofing. If the motor leaks then the manufacturer should replace it.

Maytech? Replace? :rofl:

1 Like

Haha, they’ll offer another one at “cost price”…

Yeah. 5% off.

„That’s our margin, believe me“

New FR prop data:

Wing: Slingshot Space Skate 65
Battery: 12s
Max Speed: 38.6kph (average max speed was around 36kph)
Max RPM: 4184
Battery Current Values
50% Throttle (foiling): ±50A
100% Throttle: ±75A
Phase Current Values
50% Throttle (foiling): ±75A
100% Throttle: ±110A

The Slingshot space skate is meant to be a lower speed wing than the Gamma 68, but I found it faster with a higher top speed and also needed more speed to foil. What I found really strange was how much I had to adjust my stance when I changed wings.
Unfortunately I did not have the correct bolt sizes to try my small 56cm unifoil wing. I think it may have been pretty quick…

3 Likes

Wing? Weight ? 14s? Please if I may ask :wink:

Updated…

Cool that’s pretty close to my logs in terms of current, this wing seems nice you have a better top speed.

So, read long time that Thread. I am new in all that.
First I want buy a Maytech or Flipsky motor with VESC.
But I was worry and decide a other configuration.

So, perhaps I am stupid but I think for that price the data are to bad?

For me the data is pretty good , especially to a speed I never achieved myself, data is good, price is correct , but not view on long term , so I would say : it is a good choice as much as something else , we will have the answer next year … but really surprised…

1 Like

No prop slip according to data ?

Have you got the chance to measure FR prop’s rake ? Would be nice to know. I think it must be close to 18° but need to check it…

Motor running at 82% efficiency with a prop slip of around 13% for the max. I would say a more likely prop slip would be around 15% if one had to cater for any possible water movement that may add to the top speed.

Ok i just took max rpm x pitch 6’’…

Ah, I worked with a 7" pitch. I’m still waiting on David to clarify exactly what it is. I’ve been too lazy to measure it manually.

*Busy designing a prop to push my geared unit to 50kph

Yes it’s 6 inch …

Guys FLY fast and stay HIGH :hugs:

Hey guys all of you using the maytech/flipsky/reacher motor. Can you please dismantle it after 10hours usage? I already have abrasion on the shaft! where the is located and slow water penetration… Want to know if its just on mine or on all of them…

That’s interesting. Thanks for letting us know.
Has the inside been treated at all?
They may have used the wrong seals.

hy jezza where did you get the mast mount i need the same for my reachertech motor