New Direct Drive Inrunner 65150

6 inch pitch, so will be interesting to see how it runs in comparison to the solas prop.

65161 on left. Flying Rodeo on right.
Going to be very interesting to see the difference in power usage now!

7 Likes

I thought David made the prop a 7 inch pitch.

Is your FR setup the same?

Maybe it’s 7, looks like 6. The FR prop is the same except for where it fits the shaft.

As long as its the same pitch, the difference between them will be really interesting.

Yeah it’s the same. I measured it with calipers just to be sure!

@Jezza Do you have any photos of how you connected the 65161 motor to the FR mast clamp.

I got the FR mast clamp with the two 5mm alloy rods but I’m a bit lost as to how this is going to work.
I feel like I’m missing a back plate or something.

Yes, not easy to understand at first :thinking: you have to make that « plate » , it is part of the FR motor

Thanks Alexandre, I thought that might be but was hoping I was wrong.

This is so nice !
2 questions:

1. what is the mold made of
  2. does the blade have a profile or is it flat ?

Thanks
Hovav.

I made an extra adaptor for it from delrin. Works really well! If you have a cnc or milling machine it is pretty easy.

1 Like

Do you make the motor mount waterproof so the water can not reach the back plate or cables? I mean do you trust on that the motor itself is waterproof around the area where cables comes out from the backplate?

No the mount does not add any waterproofing. If the motor leaks then the manufacturer should replace it.

Maytech? Replace? :rofl:

1 Like

Haha, they’ll offer another one at “cost price”…

Yeah. 5% off.

„That’s our margin, believe me“

New FR prop data:

Wing: Slingshot Space Skate 65
Battery: 12s
Max Speed: 38.6kph (average max speed was around 36kph)
Max RPM: 4184
Battery Current Values
50% Throttle (foiling): ±50A
100% Throttle: ±75A
Phase Current Values
50% Throttle (foiling): ±75A
100% Throttle: ±110A

The Slingshot space skate is meant to be a lower speed wing than the Gamma 68, but I found it faster with a higher top speed and also needed more speed to foil. What I found really strange was how much I had to adjust my stance when I changed wings.
Unfortunately I did not have the correct bolt sizes to try my small 56cm unifoil wing. I think it may have been pretty quick…

3 Likes

Wing? Weight ? 14s? Please if I may ask :wink:

Updated…

Cool that’s pretty close to my logs in terms of current, this wing seems nice you have a better top speed.