New Direct Drive Inrunner 65150

Maytech and flipsky were in « » but when reading fast this can be confusing
The exemple was given and I guess needs to be kept in mind because no one has to put a part and compare motors
I don ‘t known if it is easier to change parts in a production line or just to say (or lie) that is more expensive because it is better

No inside pics … never be sure at 100% they are same …

We will just know that by the riding time I guess , so i would wait next year or buy the cheapest now …

Vesc logs will show up the truth

1 Like

Thanks. I’m giving Flier a chance to fix this ESC being that I already have it. But, my patience is running out.

1 Like

Eileen is saying around 8100W rated power and max 9100W for this motor, sounds like people have seen around 5000W (50V and 100amps?)max power at full throttle @Jezza ? Has anyone used more power than this?

The motor is rated at 8100 but that will be with a higher voltage. Realistically I’m not sure the motor can handle much more that 120A (which ties in with the 124A max I saw) which would put it at around 6Kw with 12S.

The ARC200 will give me a much better idea of power requirements though…

Foiled with the arc200 in torque mode today. Worked well. This was with my High Pitch prop.
Average moving speed was 26kph, and max speed of 32.1kph. So similar to the other ESC.
I’ll add the logs a bit later.
I feel this motor would be very nice for slower carving foils with a 12s size battery. It would be interesting to see what speeds it would get to with 14s as well.

Most of the time I was riding full throttle then a bit at the end where the current is a bit lower i was sitting at about 75% and just carving around. Max RPM was ±3600 again.

I don’t think this motor is terribly efficient. It’s definitely less efficient than my geared drive if you look at the graphs in my build log: Jezza's Second Build - #10 by Jezza - Builds - FOIL.zone
BUT at least it does the job and it’s a step in the right direction. Most of all it was good fun!

*Maytech claimed they sold me a 120kv, but in reality the motor is behaving closer to a 100kv. In the air with the arc200 I get ±5100 rpm. With the swordfish I get 5700rpm. But in the water they are pretty much the same at ±3600rpm

Please do not make it so exciting.

Ha ha…time to get excited …the logs are up :wink:

Thank you for sharing, now i can sleep well.

Good news!

The new firmware for the Flier Boat 400amp ESC works on my Flipsky 120kv motor.

I didn’t think it worked but they told me how to calibrate my remote and now it works.

I am still in the testing phase with Flier so the settings in the program are still locked out. Once the tweaking is done, my understanding is they will activate the settings again for this firmware.

:sunglasses::beers::call_me_hand:

10 Likes

Very good news. I have 2 of this esc and want to use 65150 motor. Can you explain the setup process?

Download the flier program software from their website. Click on flash list to get new firmware. Select B_Uart_LowKvmotor. Flash that to the ESC. Then calibrate your remote by holding throttle in full position and powering on motor till you hear beeping.

I don’t know why the settings adjust page in the program doesn’t work with this new firmware. I’m hoping they can fix this.

They offered to change settings for me. I told them this is unacceptable and asked why they can’t activate the adjustable settings in the program.

I’m waiting to hear back.

4 Likes

Thank you Flightjunkie for working this out with Flier, I will give it a try in 2 weeks. ( still traveling)

1 Like

Thank you! I will try it in some weeks (if the lakes in Hungary wont freeze in…)

1 Like

Any news about the logs? :smiley:

Oh they were added to the one existing post with an edit. I’m away at the moment and when I get back I will get some more with new props and speed controllers hopefully.

1 Like

Maytech sells efoil kit.

One more thing from Maytech. Flier esc not compatible, what they say.

this seems to be the last desperate attempt to sell the engines before logs will show that this engine is not efficient and not suitable for our purposes

Serious? 80-100A Battery current? Thats the only numbers what i have seen yet.
Outrunner like 63100 or even 80100 perform way better and only consume 1/3

Efficiency wise it’s definitely not as efficient as a geared unit, the outrunners or the FR unit. But it is a step in the right direction. The motor needs the following:

• more poles 16 instead of 6
  • 18 slots
  • a wider rotor: this will give more torque

One of my biggest issues with the motor is that it’s also incorrectly marked KV wise. If I buy a 120kv motor it should be running at 120kv, not 113kv.