New Direct Drive Inrunner 65150

I’ll see if I can set aside 10 mins today to modify the file for you. It should be pretty easy if all the wire entries line up…

Where can we find the B Uart LOwKvMotor software ? It is not in the list of flier esc software

1 Like

Here is the basic mast clamp. It will need the channels for the cable to be added in. Slingshot Mast Clamp for 65161 by JezzaE - Thingiverse

1 Like

Thanks a bunch! I’ll print it out and give it a try. Motor should arrive today as well!

If you print it as is, the motor cables will not run through it. But if you print it at 10% infill you can get an idea of how it all goes together and then measure where and how you need to route the cables.

I have the same set up as you but I can’t get the motor working. There is a single beep and then a 2 sec pause…then a beep again…this continues unless I plug the program card in…then it stops. The remote looks like it connected. If I shut the remote off the board flashes and when I turn it on the red light stays solid. There is 46V at the pack and 46V going into the ESC. The 5V UBEC is also working fine. There really isn’t much to do…any ideas?

Hi Mikel, can you make a video ? settings and connection pls

It should be in the list. Can you update the program? Maybe reinstall it? I will email them and say we don’t see the new firmware.

Thank you. I’ve been watching YouTube videos, but not his yet.

A short update…the 120kv version doesn’t have the torque to spin my higher pitched prop that my geared drive uses. The motors have the same power ratings but the torque just isn’t there on the direct drive.
Time to try a lower pitched prop.
I’ll upload logs a bit later…

2 Likes

Look into the Norway guys build. There is a good clamp. I just added my mast dim (gong foil). Zero infill I will try to fill with epoxy also

3 Likes

Maybe this setup could be suitable for riders up to 150lbs (75kg)… just my 2 cents…

Set up

I think I know what’s going on. The receiver board doesn’t seem to be working even though the light goes solid and flashes when I shut the remote off. I think it recognizes the remote but is not sending a signal to the esc. I swapped out the motor to an older one that I know works…and swapped out the esc. Both had the same problem. This single beep then 2 sec pause. I think its waiting for a remote signal.

I’ll just swap out the prop and see what happens. If it still struggles with a 5inch pitch then I’ll see.
My geared unit is super strong though. Gets into the plane a lot faster than the FR motor.

You cannot just put the FR prop on the maytech motor and log ?

No, the way they fix to the shaft is different. But I have a Solas prop which I’m cutting down to 140mm and also the cheap Chinese prop so can test both of them.

yes, can you try with other remote and receiver? probably your receiver is damaged.
Talk with Eileen for a new receiver.

yeah, that was it. I swapped out the remote/receiver and its now working. The motor doesn’t have the power I thought it would but I’ll check it in the water. By your video it looks like its enough though.