New Direct Drive Inrunner 65150

Nitrile rubber seals tolerate dry running for short periods just fine. The temperature range for a nitrile seal is -40°c to 100°c. Outside of these temperatures you will damage the seal wet or dry.

https://www.skf.com/au/products/seals/industrial-seals/power-transmission-seals/principles/seal-materials/sealing-lip-materials/nitrile-rubber/index.html

Spray corrosion X on the shaft seal. It’s a good idea to do this everytime you use it too.

Ok guys. So I posted my emails with Flier and with Flipsky. Both companies are now working together to try to fix the Flier 400 amp red boat ESC issue.

Flipsky said they will have the ESC in a few days and email me back once they have tested it. They are holding off on sending my motors untill after the testing incase they need to make any changes they said.

I will keep you posted. I still have a battery to build and a board to shape. :rofl::sob:

And I am still hoping to find someone willing to share motor mount files, prop guard files, and suggested propellers options. (P.S. don’t PM Jezza and ask for files. He gets mad!). :wink:

So far I plan to trim down the Chinese prop like Virus used in his initial testing of the Maytech motor.

1 Like

Why don’t you use the FR propeller ?

I messaged FR about a prop. He didn’t have a price, and they weren’t available for purchase yet.

1 Like

Hi @Flightjunkie
I have not tested or even printed this design. it is designed around the 65150 & slingshot mast (Slingshot hover-glide mast design - Foils & Boards - FOIL.zone)
The design will need 5mm Threaded rod & a metal plate at the bow end.
I am getting ready for a 3 week NZ holiday so just put it on line as it may help you. The nose is a WIP maybe someone else can help you while I am away… have a look & see if it helps you.

Caveat emptor

1 Like

1 Like

Thx @theone

I’ll take a look at it. I appreciate you posting your project.

Finally ready to rumble…

7 Likes

Nice! What ESC are you using?
Can you post the consumption at 20/25/30 km/h if you feel confident to do so?

I’m running the ARC200. I’ll post full stats once I have had it on the water.

Looking good Jezza, good luck with it!

Is that a Slingshot Gamma wing?

It is, I made an adaptor so that I can use the gong mast with the slingshot wings.

I see, that’s a really good idea. What do you think of the Gamma wing?

I think its ok, Havent got much else to compare it to really. I also have the space skate wing which is slower and supposedly a bit looser.
I am also milling up an adaptor for the unifoil fuselage as I have a 56mm wide kite set which I think could be fast and unruly :slight_smile:

That’d be awesome to see @Jezza I think I’m about to place an order with Maytech for a few things and am still undecided between the ARC200 or their 300a ESC. Not much info on the latter other than knowing it definitely works thanks to this thread. Though nice to see the freefly already working for you. Will be great to know how much draw you’re seeing so I can leave myself some room in my inefficient build :wink: I thought I read that you tried the Maytech too,but can’t for the life of me find that so I’m probably wrong :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m still waiting to hear back from Flipsky. They bought a Flier 400amp ESC to test with their motor.

They emailed me yesterday and said they expect to have results by the end of the week. I’ll keep you guys posted.

This is the ESC I have, so I hope they can get it to work. :crossed_fingers:

@virus said he was gonna get the maytech ESC and test it. But, I never hear any more updates from him. Not sure if that means more motor and ESC compatibility issues or not…

I’m curious to hear who all had this motor type up and running, and what ESC have worked for them.

I’m riding this setup every day and works perfect, highly recommended!! all parts of Maytech, 100kv motor, remote and 300A ESC , I was problems with Maytech remotes, yes, but I’m continued saying that this remote is the best thanks to the long potenciometer, very important for surfing, my favourite style on efoil. Now I’m waiting for the v2 Maytech remote, I expect the same control and more updates, I think has better signal and better waterproof protection. I’m also waiting for the new Maytech 300A ESC, 100% waterproof ESC with ubec and receiver inside. I think its perfect to make a simple desing.
I’m planing a new efoil desing, very simple without compartments on deck, direct, waterproof and very important, lighter.

3 Likes

Looking forward to seeing what you share. As for the waterproof ESC: would you still put that in a box to allow for waterproof connections, or would you make simple waterproof connectors at this individual points? Would love to see a closeup if your nose cone to see how you handled a passive water intake.

1 Like