New Direct Drive Inrunner 65150

Wow. Even cheaper. Maybe also will run with Flier ESC?

Cheaper for a reason …what is the reason ?

Doesn’t say waterproof?

1 Like

It’s a different manufacturer and a different motor, that’s why its cheaper. Lets not muddy up this thread with this motor. There is already another thread for it on the forum.

Link to that thread? I agree we should keep various motors in their own threads. I didn’t see it.

1 Like
1 Like

what ever …if anyone buys the " Flipsky Brushless Inrunner Motor 70131 150KV 12KW For E-Foil | Foils | Lift Foils" start a thread about it.

It has been bought already…that’s why there is a thread…

, o 'ring closes the lid. Equipped with 6001 bearings. 12 × 22 × 7 seals close the shaft.

Interesting. Do you have a link + price where you have bought this propeller ?
Did you decide to buy a bigger propeller (8’1/2 instead of 7’1/4 usually here with the plan to reduce it) so that you get a bigger hub that what a 7’1/4 propeller can offer more flush with the tube for better drive train efficiency ?
The graduation gives outer diameter equal to 2 x 90 (124 - 34) = 180mm (blue rectangle) whereas a 8’1/2 propeller is supposed to have a 8.5x25.4 = 216mm outer diameter.
The propeller hub seems to be 80mm (165-85 in the red rectangle) whereas it is a 65mm motor ?
20190910_133452

2 Likes

Flier asked me to send them one of my motors for testing. I noticed their address shows they are located the same place as Flipsky. I asked them if they could work with Flipsky to get this issue fixed. I’m waiting to hear back.

I also emailed Flipsky. They replied saying

" Thanks for your email.
We just bought a 400 amp ESC and we should will get it these two days. We will do testing once we have it.
We understand the importance about that and we will focus on it.
Once we have any update we will keep you posted. Thank you.

Best Regards

Flipsky Sales and Service Team /Gavin"

…End quote

I will update you guys when I hear anything.

I love the way these companies want to sell their product but then request customers to send their motors in when their products have problems. I had the exact same issue with Hifei. I told them if they wanted to sell products to certain industries they should do proper research and purchase their owns motors to make sure the ESC’s work. Then I spent my money elsewhere…

1 Like

hi, do you have any idea about brushless systems?

very well. I also measure everything in the cad for photos or scan on the scaner of components. Often one then comes to the fact that some information can not be correct. But often one can clarify misunderstandings or help others in masses. as an example, a picture for the drilling grid for the mast.

The drill pattern is most of the time 90 x 165 mm.

The picture is deceptive! Here’s a closer look. I got this propeller as a gift. My sss56104 motor took it beautifully with a 5: 1 girbox. Kb:147 .Unfortunately, as a new user, max. I may have 7 posts a day. That’s why my response is delayed.

Is it bad to run the motor dry? The shaft gets hot. Maybe from the sealing that runs dry at the shaft? I just keep testing the Flier ESC so it is only for a short moment.

The mti 65162 is sealed with a 12 × 22 × 7 seal. It does not produce much heat. Be careful not to act like me with enough flier esc!

Dont run it too long. Or run it underwater…
But don’t run it with high timing, that will eventually damage it.

Nitrile rubber seals tolerate dry running for short periods just fine. The temperature range for a nitrile seal is -40°c to 100°c. Outside of these temperatures you will damage the seal wet or dry.

https://www.skf.com/au/products/seals/industrial-seals/power-transmission-seals/principles/seal-materials/sealing-lip-materials/nitrile-rubber/index.html