New Direct Drive Inrunner 65150

for the plate.

2 Likes

Hey Alex,

As far I am concerned, any surfing or eFoil activity postponed to 2020 as I can see it now :sleepy: It will be on a Gong M surfoil.
I also wanted to tell you that your clever 'hollow" mast plate deserves its own topic Got a few remarks for you. “See you” there. :wink:
Gasket%20plate%20to%20board

[quote=“SoEFoil, post:307, topic:3840”]
'hollow" mast plate
[/quote] ? whats is that? you are talking about ??
The red image is what I will print so I can hand lay up the actual plate (the Gray colour image) … Nothing clever just a cheap diy copy . I also may not be on a efoil till 2020 :cry: so many little jobs take so much time.

Where is this picture with the rubber seal from?

We’re off-topic but…my 2c: what you consider as your mold could be your plate (with obviously some modifications around the mast + screw holes) filled with a silicon seal as my above pict (@Jezza credit David from FR). Seal thickness: plate pocket depth + 1mm.
Better still, you could create an inner waterproof pocket inside the silicone to welcome the 3+1 connectors. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
Like that:
1- no mast below the electrical box: the mast is fixed to the whole board thickness and not to the 2 or 3cm of the bottom of the waterproof box,
2- no water ingress from the board bottom. A 40° chamfer facing the board nose would then be welcome.

Flipsky have the 65161 in stock now on Alibaba. 359 USD each for two or more.

Saw another listing. 379 USD for 1.

1 Like

Strange the " https://flipsky.net" site I ordered on 20 working days ago is showing (negative) -5 in stock.

Probably waiting on their order. I know the manufacturer had delays waiting for the magnet supplier to deliver. My 80KV reacher tech arrived today. Quite a heavy unit at 2.5Kg.

Hope yours arrives soon.

That’s good. My order has been in a “Shipment information received” status since Friday. I’m pretty convinced that they marked the order as shipped on a specific day just to meet order requirements with a deliberate delay for the courier!
Fuming as the only reason I payed extra from Maytech was that they claimed they could get the motor to me faster.

They better have got the KV right!

Hmm, Maytech have been known to tell a lie or two. :lying_face:

Mine was delivered DHL express. SO, SO FAST!!

It wont be far away.

More disturbing is that Maytech has just told me the delay was because there was an electrical leakage in the underwater tests. That means that the motor they plan on sending to me will have taken some water!
They really are playing games!

If the manufacture was smart they could send us all the leaking motor as is for free , we could design the water proofing , do real world testing & give the design back…:wink::wink::wink: win win.

They not making the motors so they are not interested in that. They are simply reselling an existing product which they will do some average quality control on.
The intelligent thing to do is for the manufacturer to simply buy an FR unit themselves and then reverse engineering it. That you get a well known working design straight out the box with a very low design investment.
The way I see it, is all I need is the basic motor. I am quite capable of improving the waterproofing.
I will most likely open it and treat the inside of the motor with corrosion X (or something similar) just in case any water does get inside.

2 Likes

Same at this end, I just ordered one so I could have two systems quicker, its more fun to race :wink:

Hi, i have thougt about a Design to attach Flipsky/maytech Motors to gong Foil. It is basically the original gong File from thingiverse for gearbox / Alu tube system modified. I think a small adapter fixed by veritcal bolt will do the job. Still I need to think about wire management.

1 Like

I’m interested in a mount for this motor too. Anyone have a file to share? My mast is a Chinese carbon fiber profile about 5" long x 5/8" wide. I purchased the FLPSKY 120kv.

Flipsky are saying that they have shipped the motor I ordered back on the 24 of July :smiley::smiley::smiley:

1 Like

Tested my 120kv today it is more 114kv. The motor didn’t work at all on Flyer 300A and 500A but worked with the Swordfish 300A. Tried all setting on both Flyer withou success. The motor was spinning only at low rpm. Lot of vibration and noise.
I can only assume Flyer wavelength is really far from a sinusoidal wavelength. The Swordfish must be closer to it.

We messaged Flier. Sent them the link to the Flipsky 120kv motor and asked if it would work with their 400amp ESC. They said yes, no problem. I’ll let you guys know. Not happy to hear it didn’t work for you! :grimacing: