New Direct Drive Inrunner 65150

Congratulations. These are really good news.

According to your data, it would be really interesting to find the smallest and cheapest ESC that would be suitable for say 80% throttle (150A peak, 70 nominal ?)

Hey @nickw1881, would you lend one of your nice babies to Virus for a fortnight ?

I too have tried many set ups. Is your motor custom or is it the standard Maytech that
she lists above? If you say its good, I’m sure it is and I’ll just buy it. I’m over all this trial and error. ha
thanks

Where did you see his data?

Just trying to guestimate a smaller/cheaper but acceptable peak/nominal amp ESC (therefore the ‘?’ after the try :wink:)

I would! @virus let me know if you want to test one out. Mine is pretty small, but I still highly recommend a current control FOC ESC over a duty cycle one. The feeling of torque control is completely different.

I’ve gotten a bunch of motors made in China- I use a company called Shenzhen Saite, and another one called FreeRC Hobby Dongguan.
http://www.freerchobby.cc/e_productshow/?50-NEW-MP56115-125-KW-INRUNNER-BRUSHLESS-MOTOR-FOR-E-JETBOARD-50.html

The motors are all made from the same copper winding wire, the same Japanese bearings, and the same silicon iron for the laminations, and whatever grade ND you ask for. Don’t pay 3x more for a brand just because they advertise on more than just Alibaba.

3 Likes
9 Likes

Nice riding skills , looks like good speed : 35-40km/h ? Thank you for sharing

I love your ESC, do you need my address?:smiley:

thanks Alex, 30 km/h, 85% throttle +/-, it’s not my most powerful efoil, but I think it’s enough speed to have fun :wink:

1 Like

Whats your amp draw or wattage?

1 Like

3 Likes

Take un screen shot with the mouse on the line ( gives of information )

Such great efforts.
Thanks for doing all the testing and trials.

I may have missed it but, what is the cost of the Maytech Motor and Esc?

I like what i am learning right now.
Thanks again

Graphs look good. Are they the ones taken from the ride in the video?
I’m still interested to see which prop you tested initially that was not really successful.

2 Likes

Any log on this ride? Rpm data … For cavitation i guess the only way to really know is to put a go-pro on the motor…

Thanks. I’m assuming it was a similar prop to the 7 1/4 x 5 boat props?
It would be interesting to see how well the unit performs with the same prop that Flying Rodeo uses.

Yes, I also use this prop Yamaha with my 1st prototype tp power reisenauer and 120mm diameter.
I think you can improve the efficient with other prop but it’s obviously the motor works, thats the important here, right?

1 Like

Hi Alex! I lost the data from this ride sorry but its easy feel the cavitation sound in my video.

1 Like